Supporting women's basketball history... | The Boneyard

Supporting women's basketball history...

Status
Not open for further replies.

ThisJustIn

Queen of Queens
Reaction Score
Hail, all - in case you're interested, I thought I'd bring your attention to this Kickstarter project:

Three days and only $660 to go before Jo Lannin reaches her Kickstarter goal of $2500 to support the publishing of "Finding a Way to Play."

Check out her updates for news, including comments from "Only a Game's" Bill Littlefield:

Joanne Lannin's passion for basketball and determination to honor and celebrate the women who've played it a various levels -- most of them marvelously obscure -- energizes Finding a Way to Play. Her book is a labor of love if ever there was one, and a testament to the pursuit of joy in sports."

and ESPN/Boston Globe writer Jackie MacMullan:

"Joanne Lannin has played and covered the game of basketball with great fervor and passion, and in her new book Finding a Way to Play, she captures the spirit of the women who pioneered the sport she treasures. Their stories are inspiring, heartbreaking and infuriating, and they spring to life with Lannin's steady voice guiding the way. If you love the game, you'll love this book."

Why Kickstart for Women's Basketball History? From Jo's blog:

People have asked how much it will cost, overall to self-publish my book. The answer is: it depends on how many copies I want to print and how widely I want it distributed. Like many self-publishers today, I could send the book to a local printer and take care of all the promotions, library and bookstore distribution myself, but I’ve launched a Kickstarter campaign to help me pay for a first-class effort. With the extra $2,500 I’m raising, I will be able to choose a printer with a solid track record of providing a full package of marketing and promotional help. I’ll also be able to have many more copies printed than I could have on my own. My goal is to get the book into the hands of as many fans of women’s basketball that I possibly can. So if you are willing to help me, check out this link. Every reward level includes a signed copy of my book, so you might just think of it as a pre-order. My goal is to deliver the books to those who’ve asked for one by the middle of July.

Oh, and if you want a sneak preview of the book, just browse through my blog posts over the last couple of years. Several are “rough drafts” of the chapters I’ve added to the book.

Thanks for any and all help with my project. Women’s Basketball Rules! And I want the world to know it!

ThisJustIn

Queen of Queens
Reaction Score
Sweet! Jo's $250 away from meeting her goal!!!

Reaction Score
$95 to go. Hope it gets there! On the kickstarter page it states:

This project will only be funded if at least $2,500 is pledged by Tue, Jun 2 2015...

ThisJustIn

Queen of Queens
Reaction Score
Thanks, all... No horse in this race, just a huge wbb history fan "-)

Reaction Score
Pretty awesome!! I just donated. Like others here, I am a huge wbb fan and this is a great project to support.

ThisJustIn

Queen of Queens
Reaction Score
Keep thinking this would be a great gift for AAU/HS players... and college players.... even just to have in the "Coach Library"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom