Supporting NIL at UConn | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Supporting NIL at UConn

Reaction Score

I'm still trying to understand this stuff

Doesn't the player have to do something for this money? Show up somewhere, perform a job, promote something?

This literally says send money to a player.

Reaction Score
Always looking for businesses to sponsor CT Scoreboard Pod series with players -- so if you have a business and are interested let me know!

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score

Doesn't the player have to do something for this money? Show up somewhere, perform a job, promote something?

I believe the way D'Amelio's collective works, the players can be attached to social media where ad revenue (similar to but obviously on a far lesser scale than his daughters) from viewership goes to the players.

I'm guessing that this is also used as a platform to engage players in paid events.

Reaction Score
I believe the way D'Amelio's collective works, the players can be attached to social media where ad revenue (similar to but obviously on a far lesser scale than his daughters) from viewership goes to the players.

I'm guessing that this is also used as a platform to engage players in paid events.
But it says you can send direct payments to the athlete of your choice.

If you are not the one attaching this person to social media/ ad revenue, but are sending a direct payment, how does that fly?

Reaction Score

MyNILPay App is explained in more detail here:

myNILpay maximizing NIL opportunities for athletes | The NIL Deal

-> So what makes myNILpay legal?

According to Chapman, who previously spent the past two decades as the Chief Information Officer at three different financial service companies, the money collected and distributed through myNILpay is legal because of two entities, it includes a quid pro quo and is taxable.

“What we do is we issue the fan a piece of digital art, with the athlete’s name and digital signature on it. That is the quid pro quo,” said Chapman.

While most partnerships and brand deals may include attending a charity event, posting on social media or signing memorabilia, myNILpay operates off the digital art provided to the fans sending money a student-athletes way.

“That piece of digital art is minted in the blockchain and the fair market value of that piece of digital art is whatever the buyer and seller agree on,” said Chapman. “So if I want to send the athlete $50 or $500 or $1,000, and the athlete agrees and the fan agrees, that is the value of that piece of art.”

The other side of legality behind myNILpay is that the platform is a “taxable trackable reportable transaction.” What that means is that fans pay a sales tax and athletes pay an income tax to ensure no one is crossing a line that jeopardizes a student-athletes’ eligibility. <-

Reaction Score
MyNILPay App is explained in more detail here:

myNILpay maximizing NIL opportunities for athletes | The NIL Deal

-> So what makes myNILpay legal?

According to Chapman, who previously spent the past two decades as the Chief Information Officer at three different financial service companies, the money collected and distributed through myNILpay is legal because of two entities, it includes a quid pro quo and is taxable.

“What we do is we issue the fan a piece of digital art, with the athlete’s name and digital signature on it. That is the quid pro quo,” said Chapman.

While most partnerships and brand deals may include attending a charity event, posting on social media or signing memorabilia, myNILpay operates off the digital art provided to the fans sending money a student-athletes way.

“That piece of digital art is minted in the blockchain and the fair market value of that piece of digital art is whatever the buyer and seller agree on,” said Chapman. “So if I want to send the athlete $50 or $500 or $1,000, and the athlete agrees and the fan agrees, that is the value of that piece of art.”

The other side of legality behind myNILpay is that the platform is a “taxable trackable reportable transaction.” What that means is that fans pay a sales tax and athletes pay an income tax to ensure no one is crossing a line that jeopardizes a student-athletes’ eligibility. <-

Thanks Medic! That makes total sense now...

Reaction Score
I know we are getting more of these athletes signed. But do we have any insight on what the players have gotten from this collective so far, besides the family shoe launch?

Reaction Score

Reaction Score

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SeaDr

Top Bottom