Superman vs Batman | The Boneyard

Superman vs Batman

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
Doesn't suck as much as you would assume. Same for Affleck. It's more Transformers than Dark Knight though and the Justice League won't be as good as the Avengers. DC Characters outside of Batman are too one dimensional for the screen and when you surround Batman with them they drag the character down to being one dimensional too.

Reaction Score
It was better than many would have you think, but that doesn't mean it wasn't what it could have been. It dragged a lot for me and the way Luthor was portrayed was beyond horrible. I do think that Batman is in good hands moving forward with Affleck in charge of the character, but I am very skeptical of anything Zack Snyder related at this point. I will also say that I like the Jeremy Irons version of Alfred, he is more involved than the Michael Caine version, and I like that.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
DC has some good properties. Marvel used to rip off DC characters pretty regularly. The problem is after a lot of so-so (or worse) movies Marvel has learned what makes a good movie. DC is still in the learning stage. I haven't seen the movie but a big problem for DC is drift from the original story lines. Stick to script and draw in the fanboys, everyone else will still be entertained.

Reaction Score
DC has some good properties. Marvel used to rip off DC characters pretty regularly. The problem is after a lot of so-so (or worse) movies Marvel has learned what makes a good movie. DC is still in the learning stage. I haven't seen the movie but a big problem for DC is drift from the original story lines. Stick to script and draw in the fanboys, everyone else will still be entertained.

DC's biggest mistake and something they apparently don't or refuse to realize, is letting Snyder direct their movies. Snyder has never really had a movie where the plot (basically essential for most comic book movies) was coherent. He basically just destroys a lot of stuff and makes it unnecessarily dark.

Reaction Score
I don't get how Batman can fight Superman. One has super powers and the other a few gadgets. Unless Batman shoots kryptonite bullets no contest?

Edit: I know nothing about the movie. Just commenting based on past SM and BM shows/movies etc.

Reaction Score
I don't get how Batman can fight Superman. One has super powers and the other a few gadgets. Unless Batman shoots kryptonite bullets no contest?

Edit: I know nothing about the movie. Just commenting based on past SM and BM shows/movies etc.

In the comics, he relied on a super suit (similar to Iron Man's Hulkbuster) to be able to withstand the blows. I believe the put this in the movie too.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
I don't get how Batman can fight Superman. One has super powers and the other a few gadgets. Unless Batman shoots kryptonite bullets no contest?.
I didn't see the movie. But in the comic The Dark Knight Returns, Batman takes down Superman by having a brilliant plan. I think I had as much fun reading that comic as the plan unfolded as any comic I ever read.

Last edited:

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score

6 Ways Batman Has Beaten Superman

Reaction Score
I loved it. Saw it a few times in theaters and own the extended edition (which is the better version if you can spare 3 hours). If you liked Man of Steel or darker more realistic (in the sense that their actions have consequences) superhero movies I would definitely recommend a rent.

Reaction Score

That's exactly how he did it. In the books he used a kryptonite gas that when breathed in, pretty much shut Superman down. In the movie he used the gas to a lesser effect, but had a large piece of kryptonite that he was able to lead Superman towards. He basically had to come up with a way to survive until he could let the kryptonite do its work. Even that probably would not have worked if Superman was at the point of really trying to kill him, which the movie made clear that he wasn't out to do.

Reaction Score
I saw this in theaters with a friend of mine whose a really big fan of the comic (I never read the comic). I really enjoyed the movie, he hated it. food for thought

huskypantz

All posts from this user are AI-generated
Reaction Score
I think the Suicide Squad might get DC moving in the right direction. I grew up a Marvel fan but when I was a kid, DC ruled the movie scene. Marvel's definitely top dog now but it would be nice to see DC step up their game.

Reaction Score
Just watched it. Other than congress blowing up, the movie sucked.
Sorry i didnt see this thread sooner. I couldve warned you. Yeah this movie was pretty awful and i believe Snyder should not be allowed to direct any more of these DC films.

Reaction Score
Sorry i didnt see this thread sooner. I couldve warned you. Yeah this movie was pretty awful and i believe Snyder should not be allowed to direct any more of these DC films.

I was actually a big fan of Man of Steel. I think that Superman, just like Christopher Nolan Batman movies is a big enough character to carry a movie on his own.

DC/Warner Bros. needs to slow their roll on this, but they won't because they can make more money with the sheer quantities of spinoffs.

Reaction Score
I was actually a big fan of Man of Steel. I think that Superman, just like Christopher Nolan Batman movies is a big enough character to carry a movie on his own.

DC/Warner Bros. needs to slow their roll on this, but they won't because they can make more money with the sheer quantities of spinoffs.

I also enjoyed MoS although it had its problems also. The problem with DC/Snyder is they simply dont understand the character (Superman) or atleast appear not too. They need to stop trying to write completely original scripts and use more of the source material which is what Marvel does. Suicide Squad did this and that film has exceeded expectations and is a step in the right direction. Until DC figures this out we will continue to see mediocrity from DC movies.

Reaction Score
I also enjoyed MoS although it had its problems also. The problem with DC/Snyder is they simply dont understand the character (Superman) or atleast appear not too. They need to stop trying to write completely original scripts and use more of the source material which is what Marvel does. Suicide Squad did this and that film has exceeded expectations and is a step in the right direction. Until DC figures this out we will continue to see mediocrity from DC movies.

I thought SS was a missed opportunity. It could have been like DC's Deadpool.

If it exceeded ecpectations then they must have been pretty low.

Reaction Score
I thought SS was a missed opportunity. It could have been like DC's Deadpool.

If it exceeded ecpectations then they must have been pretty low.

Deadpool was rated R and at this point DC wasnt willing to risk losing out on the lucrative pg-13 crowd after pouring 175mil into SS and the underwhelming response to BvS. 300mil domestic and 700mil worldwide are fantastic for just about any film. SS has had better legs than Marvels Civil War. Sure it may not win an oscar but audiences have responded positively to it.

Reaction Score
Deadpool was rated R and at this point DC wasnt willing to risk losing out on the lucrative pg-13 crowd after pouring 175mil into SS and the underwhelming response to BvS. 300mil domestic and 700mil worldwide are fantastic for just about any film. SS has had better legs than Marvels Civil War. Sure it may not win an oscar but audiences have responded positively to it.

It's truly shocking that it made that much money. Nobody I talked to enjoyed, despite looking forward to it. And it has like 26% favorable on Rotten Tomatos.

Reaction Score
It's truly shocking that it made that much money. Nobody I talked to enjoyed, despite looking forward to it. And it has like 26% favorable on Rotten Tomatos.
Not really all that shocking when you think about it. You have Harley Quinn a character that is enormously popular with young women making her live action debut played by an actress whos career is on fire right now,the Joker who always draws a crowd from sheer curiosity of what incarnation of the character we`ll see, Will Smith who brings in all types of people across the board and Batman. Unless you make a truly horrible and i mean Ewe Bol level horrible film youre going to do well with audiences and in turn box office.

Rotten tomatoes 26% among critics but nearly 70% among audiences. You must not know many people that seen it because in my experience most people that have seen it think its good or ok. Ive had a couple who absolutely loved it and a couple who hated it so its kind of all over the place but mostly in the ok or good. I thought it was ok. Mindless fun with some really good individual performances which i think has been the real draw of the film.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom