Superhero Shows | The Boneyard

Superhero Shows

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
I started watching Luke Cage recently and I love it. Mike Colter is fantastic in the lead role. Definitely a winner.

The Tick. I decided I'd watch this while on the treadmill in the morning, since my wife doesn't like it. I'm not sure where it is going. It's rather odd with the "real" "not real" situation. I'll give it some more time.

The Gifted. Premiere is coming soon. Looking forward to it.

Marvel’s Inhumans.” Don't know enough about this really. Coming to ABC.

the Q

Yowie Wowie. We’re gonna have so much fun here
Reaction Score
I started watching Luke Cage recently and I love it. Mike Colter is fantastic in the lead role. Definitely a winner.

The Tick. I decided I'd watch this while on the treadmill in the morning, since my wife doesn't like it. I'm not sure where it is going. It's rather odd with the "real" "not real" situation. I'll give it some more time.

The Gifted. Premiere is coming soon. Looking forward to it.

Marvel’s Inhumans.” Don't know enough about this really. Coming to ABC.

He's a great LC.

Imo the season limped to the end though. But it started off really strong.

HuskyHawk

Reaction Score
He's a great LC.

Imo the season limped to the end though. But it started off really strong.

I just watched episode 3, so now you ruined it. :)

CL82

2023 NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions
Reaction Score
There was a prior version of the Tick with Patrick Warburton in the title role. It was funny enough. Warburton nailed the clueless enthusiasm perfectly.

Spoon!

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
Louie Ferrigno played The Hulk in a tv series way back when.

Netflix has a bunch of shows about B team superheroes. In addition to Luke Cage, there is also Jessica Jones, Daredevil, Iron Fist and then a show combining all of them (Defenders, I think).

Does Marvel's Agent's of Shield count? I was into that for a while but tuned out part way thru the last season.

Who could forget Lynda Carter as Wonder Woman?

Legion on FX is pretty trippy, but I think it fits into the category.

the Q

Reaction Score

Netflix has a bunch of shows about B team superheroes. In addition to Luke Cage, there is also Jessica Jones, Daredevil, Iron Fist and then a show combining all of them (Defenders, I think).

Does Marvel's Agent's of Shield count? I was into that for a while but tuned out part way thru the last season.

Jessica Jones was excellent. Purpleman is easily the best bad guy weve seen in the Marvel universe.

DAredevil season 1 rocks, season 2 starts strong and then fades (it gets out of character imo).

I liked iron fist more than the critics and it's crucial to watch before defenders, but the action is not good.

Last edited:

HuskyHawk

Reaction Score

I was thinking "current" shows, not Lou being painted green. Even though I probably saw all of those. Same with Lynda Carter.

I think Gotham would count too. Gave up on that too early perhaps. May need to try Jessica Jones.

the Q

Reaction Score
I was thinking "current" shows, not Lou being painted green. Even though I probably saw all of those. Same with Lynda Carter.

I think Gotham would count too. Gave up on that too early perhaps. May need to try Jessica Jones.

Gotham has gotten worse each season. I think I'm bailing too.

I admit I love freaking Arrow.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Current shows, gotcha. CW has a handful. I watched first season of Supergirl but then bailed. There's also Flash, Legends of Tomorrow (or something like that) in addition to above mentioned Arrow. I don't watch any of those.

Reaction Score
I want to start by saying that Legion is incredible and I can't wait to see where season 2 goes.

Next I want to say, enough is enough. Superhero overload. Too much, all the time, everywhere. Some are ok, most are mediocre, there are the incredible exceptions (the aforementioned), but just too many. I know this sort of thing is cyclical but it's been racheting up in frequency in cinemas over the last 20 years or so (I do like most of Marvel's output) and now it's spilling over to the small screen. I know, I know you'll say "Well Mano, you can just ignore it", and normally I'd agree with you, but its starting to feel like it's coming at the detriment of the development of other original or even adapted properties. Sorry, end of rant.

I will definitely watch Damon Lindelof's adaptation of Watchmen on HBO though.

the Q

Reaction Score
Really? I still quite enjoy it.

Putting a 12 year old in the costume is beyond dumb.

No clones. Clones are bad. Did no one learn anything from Spider-Man (the comic)?

The stuff with both hypnotists were terrible.

The best part of season 3 was penguin and riddler, and even they found a way to Screw that up.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
I hear you Mano. It's definitely well saturated. I watch many of the films, but there are definitely too many mediocre or worse movies. I watch a bit of it on the small screen but I feel free to skip some of them.

All I can say is, I'd prefer that to the not so distant past when almost every show on was either a stupid reality show or some kind of singing/talent competition. That was pretty much it. Sit coms, dramas, whatever else just about ceased to exist for a number of years. At least we're back to mostly actual television series now.

HuskyHawk

Reaction Score
There was a prior version of the Tick with Patrick Warburton in the title role. It was funny enough. Warburton nailed the clueless enthusiasm perfectly.

Spoon!

Never saw that. But I found the new Tick is pretty entertaining during my morning stint on the treadmill.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Debut of The Gifted last night was fairly solid, looks like the show has potential.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Wasn't able to find this thread using the search function, so I had to go on a wild goose chase. I was aware of Marvel's Cloak & Dagger, but usually don't find myself on whatever channel Freeform is broadcast on so never tuned in. I'm not exactly binge watching but I've watched about half of season 1 using the free on demand from the cable company. It's a slow burn, but the lead characters are interesting enough to keep me watching.

Reaction Score
Here’s a bit of Trivia. You guys are most likely all to young to remember the old black & white superman show from the ‘50’s. Did you know the Daily Planet building used in that old show is an actual building in downtown Providence?

the Q

Reaction Score
Current shows, gotcha. CW has a handful. I watched first season of Supergirl but then bailed. There's also Flash, Legends of Tomorrow (or something like that) in addition to above mentioned Arrow. I don't watch any of those.

I’ve bailed on almost all of those.

I’m close to bailing on the last, arrow, because last season was just not good.

Very very slow, it tried to save itself at the end and then blew it again at the very end.

Centerstream

I may not be the sharpest knife in the drawer, but
Reaction Score
In the last few weeks I have been binge watching the Netflix Marvel Universe Original Programming shows with the exception of Luke Cage. While watching each episode I would read the "critic's review" on IMDb.com and am glad that I ignored most of the comments. The reviews seem to be written by people expecting $100million episodes instead of a "television" show episode and season. Bottom line, I enjoyed all of them.

Last edited:

the Q

Reaction Score
In the last few weeks I have been binge watching the Netflix Marvel Universe Original Programming shows with the exception of Luke Cage. While watching each episode I would read the "critic's review" on IMBD.com and am glad that I ignored most of the comments. The reviews seem to be written by people expecting $100million episodes instead of a "television" show episode and season. Bottom line, I enjoyed all of them.

DD1, Jj1 and punisher 1 are a cut above everything else.

Jj2 was really bad

DD2 was weird mostly because it didn’t feel like it fit the world they created. The hand would’ve been a better movie than a show

the Q

Reaction Score
New iron first comes out 9/7.

After seeing him grow in defenders and his episode in Luke Cage, I’m cautiously optimistic.

I think IF got a tough deal because of the pre release bs it faced. It wasn’t perfect, but it was instrumental to the other shows and defenders coming together. The biggest challenge is they didn’t seem to know how to write Danny. He was a man torn between 2 worlds and they seemed to write him as a 12 year old monk who inherited billions living in New York.

I think that last part is fixed. And hopefully the fights will be better.

Reaction Score
New iron first comes out 9/7.

I think IF got a tough deal because of the pre release bs it faced. It wasn’t perfect, but it was instrumental to the other shows and defenders coming together. The biggest challenge is they didn’t seem to know how to write Danny. He was a man torn between 2 worlds and they seemed to write him as a 12 year old monk who inherited billions living in New York.

I think that last part is fixed. And hopefully the fights will be better.

I don't know if it was how they wrote the character, or how the actor played the role, but Danny was just so unlikable that it was hard to root for him. He came across as a petulant child and it was hard to understand why the other characters bothered trying to help him.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom