SuperFans, I salute You. | The Boneyard

SuperFans, I salute You.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
It needs to be said. I stand and salute you stalwarts who attended the game on Saturday, especially those who did the entire tour of duty that afternoon.

ForThoseAboutToRock_ACDCalbum.jpg

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
You should salute the ushers who wouldn't let people sit in the chairbacks.

Because it makes a ton of sense to protect tickets that aren't being used that day after spending the entire season undercutting season ticket holders on a single game basis.

Horray Logic!

Reaction Score
You should salute the ushers who wouldn't let people sit in the chairbacks.

Because it makes a ton of sense to protect tickets that aren't being used that day after spending the entire season undercutting season ticket holders on a single game basis.

Horray Logic!

I sat in the chairbacks without a problem.

Bonehead

'Ollie North of the Cesspool'
Reaction Score
I did hear at work today from a parent of a band member who was 'illegally' sitting in chair backs this weekend so they could film their daughters last performance as a member of the band, and were subjected to the 'show me your ticket please'...touche - at least security was at the top of their game Saturday.

Reaction Score
It needs to be said. I stand and salute you stalwarts who attended the game on Saturday, especially those who did the entire tour of duty that afternoon.

ForThoseAboutToRock_ACDCalbum.jpg
+1. Hats off, even in this weather!

Reaction Score
I did hear at work today from a parent of a band member who was 'illegally' sitting in chair backs this weekend so they could film their daughters last performance as a member of the band, and were subjected to the 'show me your ticket please'...touche - at least security was at the top of their game Saturday.

Sad, they could have done a “try out a chairback for your season tickets next year” promotion – kind of an on-the-fly thing once they saw how sparse the crowd was. But no, they kick people out…..

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
I sat in the chairbacks without a problem.

Yeah they didn't give me any problem for Cinci, but this week they were all over people behind the SMU bench.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Two guys near me were this close to coming to blows in the 2nd half. Why? Because one accused another of getting ready to leave early and that guy was highly insulted. A couple of dopey yellow jackets showed up after the ruckus had died down.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Two guys near me were this close to coming to blows in the 2nd half. Why? Because one accused another of getting ready to leave early and that guy was highly insulted. A couple of dopey yellow jackets showed up after the ruckus had died down.

101? I tried to stop two guys fighting in the second half and have no idea what they were fighting about.

Reaction Score
Yes but you said "I'm from the BY" and they said "alright, alright, alright".

and they ran over to the concessions to bring him back a bag of popcorn.

Reaction Score
Yeah they didn't give me any problem for Cinci, but this week they were all over people behind the SMU bench.

I was on the other side behind the UConn bench. Beyond stupid why they would give people a hard time at the last game with about 5k people there.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
101? I tried to stop two guys fighting in the second half and have no idea what they were fighting about.
The fracas I saw was in 102. Didn't see any punches thrown but the words were very heated.

CTMike

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
While I settled in to a chair back for Cinci before the yellow Gezpatcho manned their posts, I did hear them giving grief to others that came later. I didn't want to hit up concessions or the restroom and lose my seat because of it. So I just went home.

CTMike

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
While I settled in to a chair back for Cinci before the yellow Gezpatcho manned their posts, I did hear them giving grief to others that came later. I didn't want to hit up concessions or the restroom and lose my seat because of it. So I just went home.
That wasn't even an autocorrect error on my part, that was the boards filter. Well done.

Reaction Score
in the picture on the courant.com of the group behind the uconn bench... you can see me! We are all wrapped up in blankets and I have a poncho on but I am there.. Its the second picture.

Reaction Score
I was at the game from start to finish and here is how bad it was.... Even the Fire truck with the 8 way funnel was not there... Anyone know who runs that??

Bonehead

Reaction Score
I knew it would be really bad when we pulled in and the blue lot was like 1/5 full...

Reaction Score
I ended up going solo Saturday because no one else in my group was interested and I've given up on trying to even give away tickets this year. I was able to sit in the upper chairbacks without an issue. I looked out and noticed they hadn't even opened the red lot Saturday. It looks like everyone fit in the blue and gray lots.

I also did see the Uconn Ambulance/Firetruck and they were there for some tailgating however they were gone by halftime. I had some extra tickets so just ran back to my car for halftime before heading back in to witness the comedy that was the second half.

pepband99

Resident TV nerd
Reaction Score
The chairback nonsense might have been self-caused. There was a lady in 242 that was bringing security over to the charibacks to kick out vagrants at the Cincy game. I wasn't too fussed because one of the guys who got kicked out was the fat dope who used to sit behind me in 203 years and years ago (and the guy I always internally picture whaler as, because he was that kind of dope). :)

For all of the people who scream like mad about their season tickets being devalued, amazed that the same crown is denouncing "protecting" an even higher investment.

Bonehead

Reaction Score
For all of the people who scream like mad about their season tickets being devalued, amazed that the same crown is denouncing "protecting" an even higher investment.

I wasnt one of those and I completely get your point, and is valid - but when there are 5000-7000 people does it really matter?
Why not let the guy in 230 bring his kid to the second row behind the SMU bench to be close to the field once and see if Deion Sanders JR looks more like his Mom or Dad.

Reaction Score
When it wasn't raining, it wasn't really that bad outside. As a plus, I had the best seats ever.

Reaction Score
The chairback nonsense might have been self-caused. There was a lady in 242 that was bringing security over to the charibacks to kick out vagrants at the Cincy game. I wasn't too fussed because one of the guys who got kicked out was the fat dope who used to sit behind me in 203 years and years ago (and the guy I always internally picture whaler as, because he was that kind of dope). :)

It doesn't protect anything when the stadium is half full or less. It just aggravates people to the point where they may not come back.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mollykate

Top Bottom