Superatives to Castle and Diarra | The Boneyard

Superatives to Castle and Diarra

Reaction Score
What a shutdown job performed by Castle and Diarra. Terrance Samuel "Jr" was averaging 31 plus p/g in the first 3 tourney games. 23 p/g, maybe in regular season. Castle and Diarra made it a street brawl tonight. They held the off-balanced shooting slasher to 8 for the night. Great job. Ricky Moore worthy.

Reaction Score
Terrance Samuel reading this

Attachments

• ts.jpg
    ts.jpg
    368.6 KB · Views: 133
Reaction Score
Castle’s D on Shannon early set the tone defensively. And Diarra playing very well. Hit shots and got to the rim early to be the second score for us with Clingan early.

Reaction Score
My bad. Shannon, not Samuel. But I think Terrance Samuel (circa the 2014 National Champion Huskies) would have been more effective tonight.

UconnU

If he blocks 100, he blocks 100
Reaction Score
What a shutdown job performed by Castle and Diarra. Terrance Samuel "Jr" was averaging 31 plus p/g in the first 3 tourney games. 23 p/g, maybe in regular season. Castle and Diarra made it a street brawl tonight. They held the off-balanced shooting slasher to 8 for the night. Great job. Ricky Moore worthy.
One of the most satisfying aspects of how the game played out. Maybe the most unlikeable guy in college basketball. Interestingly we heavily recruited him. I don’t think Hurley has any interest in recruiting those types of kids anymore.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Twice Shannon got the ball with a head of steam and was heading towards the rum and Diarra just ran in to him to take a foul and kill any chance of Shannon scoring.

The first was while the game still mattered.

Small things that matter.

Reaction Score
Let's be honest: Hassan Diarra is one of the biggest reasons we are the best team in the country. Why do a say this? Well, here's a list off the top of my head:

1. He is absolutely the best 4th guard on any team in the country, and he is an integral piece to us having the best back court in the country. His game meshes perfectly with Tristen's, Cam's and Steph's.
2. Time and time again this year when one or more of the other guards have been off their games or we have started slow, he comes in and has changed the dynamic for us. Both his play and his energy are infectious, and you can see the positive effect he has on the other guys on the court. At least half a dozen times I can think of off the top of my head, and surely more often than that.
3. I would argue he is also the best non-starting defensive guard in the country, bar none. No one has a guy who can come off the bench and shut down the other team's best guard like Diarra does, when Steph is in foul trouble, or just for a change of pace. He is just as relentless as Steph, and a joy to watch.
4. His improvement on the offensive side of the ball has been amazing also. We didn't trust him a lick last year... now, I not only trust him but I look for when he is coming into the game in the 1st half to give us a lift and help get the offense going to another level. And he does, practically every time.

I am so happy for him for how much he has improved on offense from last year to this one... and I am so happy for him and his brother Mamadou, who surely had a hand in Hassan transferring here from Texas A&M. Honestly, I hope he stays for one more year because if he does, and we can get one more dynamic big man we will be a Top 10 team with serious designs on a title again next year with the other pieces we believe that we will have here.

caw

Reaction Score
Let's be honest: Hassan Diarra is one of the biggest reasons we are the best team in the country. Why do a say this? Well, here's a list off the top of my head:

1. He is absolutely the best 4th guard on any team in the country, and he is an integral piece to us having the best back court in the country. His game meshes perfectly with Tristen's, Cam's and Steph's.
2. Time and time again this year when one or more of the other guards have been off their games or we have started slow, he comes in and has changed the dynamic for us. Both his play and his energy are infectious, and you can see the positive effect he has on the other guys on the court. At least half a dozen times I can think of off the top of my head, and surely more often than that.
3. I would argue he is also the best non-starting defensive guard in the country, bar none. No one has a guy who can come off the bench and shut down the other team's best guard like Diarra does, when Steph is in foul trouble, or just for a change of pace. He is just as relentless as Steph, and a joy to watch.
4. His improvement on the offensive side of the ball has been amazing also. We didn't trust him a lick last year... now, I not only trust him but I look for when he is coming into the game in the 1st half to give us a lift and help get the offense going to another level. And he does, practically every time.

I am so happy for him for how much he has improved on offense from last year to this one... and I am so happy for him and his brother Mamadou, who surely had a hand in Hassan transferring here from Texas A&M. Honestly, I hope he stays for one more year because if he does, and we can get one more dynamic big man we will be a Top 10 team with serious designs on a title again next year with the other pieces we believe that we will have here.

Just to add, he is really good at getting to the rim in the half court and somehow getting wide open layups.

Reaction Score
Love Hass and look forward to him coming in around the 16 min mark. Always gives us a spark.

Reaction Score
Diarra has been such a huge spark off of the bench, past 2 games he came in and our run started.
He always had the capacity, but was too undisciplined last year with bad decisions on drives and terrible finishing.

This year he does everything we need on D and is confident, but in control on offense.

Last year he shot 30/18/51 with 1.8/1.1 A/TO.

This year 49/36/78, with 2.4/1.1 A/TO.

He won 6th Man of the Year in conference, but could just as easily be Most Improved if he played more minutes.

Reaction Score
How many players can have such a big impact on the outcome of the game scoring 2 points like Steph? Took Shannon out of the game. Huge.
But that one basket by Castle should have been a SC top 10. That dunk was nasty

Reaction Score
Here is Terrence Shannon Jr in each postseason game this year

B10 Tournament:
Ohio St: 28pts on 40%
Nebraska: 40pts on 50%
Wisconsin: 34pts on 53%

NCAA Tournament:
Morehead St: 26pts on 56%
Duquesne: 30pts on 71%
Iowa St: 29pts on 53%

UConn: 8pts on 17%.