Super Bowl Halftime Show | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Super Bowl Halftime Show

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
No idea what assumption I'm supposed to be checking out, but this is like an annual tradition any time it's not a classic rock group. It just gets a bit comical at some point.
No idea huh? You just throw the race card out here and it’s fine? The only comical thing in this thread is your reply.

Reaction Score
No idea huh? You just throw the race card out here and it’s fine? The only comical thing in this thread is your reply.
lol, you need to chill. I made one incredibly innocuous joke and you are losing it. Don't be so sensitive.

Reaction Score
I thought it was great show and Dre playing piano at the end was classic. Still think Prince was the best. At least you had LA artists in Dre and Snoop representing the city. ATL had Maroon 5(Yuck). What does he have to do with ATL? That was the worst show ever.
There was some issue where they could not get any acts to play that year. After the whole anthem issue, most of the larger acts wanted to distance themselves from the halftime show. I actually worked the halftime show, as I’ve done many times in the past, and while I am absolutely not a fan of Maroon 5, I thought it was a pretty darn good show. On top of that, Adam Levine was a really down-to-earth nice guy, who was very gracious to all the stage hands, unlike many of the other acts that I have seen.

Reaction Score
My music growing up it was awesome, if you didn’t like it then you’re an idiot.
Yes, because everyone who does not agree with you, and your musical tastes, must be an idiot.

Dove

Part of the 2%, but 100% wood.
Reaction Score
The U2 show after 9/11 was pretty decent.

Reaction Score
There was some issue where they could not get any acts to play that year. After the whole anthem issue, most of the larger acts wanted to distance themselves from the halftime show. I actually worked the halftime show, as I’ve done many times in the past, and while I am absolutely not a fan of Maroon 5, I thought it was a pretty darn good show. On top of that, Adam Levine was a really down-to-earth nice guy, who was very gracious to all the stage hands, unlike many of the other acts that I have seen.
I have heard the opposite about him and still is embarrassment to the ATL.

Reaction Score
He can still play that flute. Kinda like when I saw Charlie Daniels a few years ago - no voice but boy could he still fiddle
Doug Gray’s voice of The Marshall Tucker Band is shot but unlike Tull and Daniels the voice is all had.

Reaction Score
I have heard the opposite about him and still is embarrassment to the ATL.
I cannot speak for anyone else, and I usually judge people for myself and not things that I’ve heard.

As far as Adam Levine, I worked with him in very stressful situation over the course of a week and he was as nice, as accommodating, as pleasant a person that I’ve had to work with. He even went out of his way, and stopped the Super Bowl rehearsals to wish somebody a happy birthday.

I heard that Axl Rose was not a very nice person, and yet when I met him, and played cards with him, he was also as nice a person as I’ve ever met.

I am glad that I judge people based on my personal experiences and not, “ things that I have heard,” otherwise I might have preconceived notions based on someone else’s opinion.

Last edited:

UconnU

If he blocks 100, he blocks 100
Reaction Score
Coach must have been thrilled with that phantom holding call on the Bengals at the end there.

Reaction Score
the keyboard warrior fat jokes fall a bit flat...I'm sure you all look just like you did 20 yrs ago...and that's without millions of dollars to gorge yourselves with

only watched a few minutes of the actual game but tuned in for HT. Overall I liked it, but was actually wishing the tupac hologram rumors were going to be true...

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
Coach must have been thrilled with that phantom holding call on the Bengals at the end there.
I don't know what's worse heading into the Nova game - him still being euphoric or him still being totally P.O.'d.

Reaction Score
Can we all at least agree that having to listen to the owner before any of the coaches/players during these trophy presentations is just categorically the worst part about championship games? No I do not want to listen to Stan Kroenke talk about how cool his stadium is.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Simon

Top Bottom