Sunless Saturday? | The Boneyard

Sunless Saturday?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
So I'm listening to Fishbone, and lyrics and music never fail to clarify things.

"I think the Sun will never visit my sky, until the truth is seen by each and every eye."

What a ride this season has been. It's the last week of the year. It's also the most important week of the year. I wonder if the sun will shine for us this saturday, because I'm not sure who we are yet. What's the truth? Does the film lie or tell the truth? Was the truth seen by each and every eye last week or the week before?

I smell a major challenge for these guys.

Coaches will preach that every week is the most important week of the year, and they're 100% correct, and eventually players get it.

This week is no different. It's the most important week of the year for our season. Not for any of the reasons fans discuss. Fans discuss all those other things because they're fans.

So why is it the most important? Because we play a conference game on the road at noon on Saturday. Nothing else matters.

I hope that lesson has been learned. and I really hope that whatever lightning they were riding last week, they've got it ready to charge up even brighter and longer, because we got to ride the lightning all the way to Ohio.

I've written a lot of stuff in the past two weeks that probably ruffled a lot of feathers. So be it. I'm only calling things the way I see them.

I'm still not convinced who we are. Are we that dominating team or not?

Will it be a sunless saturday for us or them?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0B61XAN2Ujw

Thanks spike lee and kendall jones.

junglehusky

Molotov Cocktail of Ugliness
Reaction Score
That's a good freakin' album. Fishbone were criminally underrated... but I heard someone is making a documentary about them.

Anyway what I'll remember about this season was the anxiety over conference shuffling more than anything else, and the continuing overall averageness of the league. ("The Reality of My Surroundings", how apropos.)For the second straight year we have no marquis team, nobody to carry the banner. UConn was like every other BE team this year, struggling to find their identity game to game, here's hoping the win over RU is the start of that which can carry on to next season.

Reaction Score
NOt sure if you meant Everyday Sunshine documentary, that came out last year. If you've got any interest in what might be a common thread between Gwen Stefani, Ice-T, George Clinton, Chuck D, RHCP, Les Claypool, and Jane's Addiction, and pretty much everyting interesting that's come out of the LA music scene since 1980, then check it out.

Reaction Score
How did we go from wishbone to fishbone? :)

I bet the old mad scientist on offense with the play book a mile thick could come up with something called the "fishbone" offense.

That'd be cool, a little angry somehow too. I like it.

I hope we run the Fishbone this week in Cincy. ;)

Reaction Score
Your posts are so annoying.

Ahhh, no. Carl's posts are pure poetry. Also, they are enhanced if you read them in character like Bill Murray. See the ball, be the ball.

Reaction Score
I think Bonin in the Boneyard should be the theme song around here. JMO.

But, just to get all serious for second, the one thing, the one thing that has been missing all season, the common denominator is CONSISTENCY.

Fishbone, well, they've been consistently rocking, punking, ska, slamming, rapping since 1979.

I would love to see some consistency from last week to this week. Final lesson to be learned.

The energy and focus we had last week, needs to continue this week, even though we kicked somebody else's butt last week instead of having our own kicked.

That's it. Saturday high noon will be here quick.

Reaction Score
NOt sure if you meant Everyday Sunshine documentary, that came out last year. If you've got any interest in what might be a common thread between Gwen Stefani, Ice-T, George Clinton, Chuck D, RHCP, Les Claypool, and Jane's Addiction, and pretty much everyting interesting that's come out of the LA music scene since 1980, then check it out.

I saw this movie at a screening at the Bijou Theatre in Bridgeport a few weeks ago. It was great. The filmmaker was there to answer questions. Crazy history between the band members.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom