Sunday's UConn Coaching Rumor (Bruce Feldman - CBS) | The Boneyard

Sunday's UConn Coaching Rumor (Bruce Feldman - CBS)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Reaction Score
Reaction Score
After losing to Georgia Southern at home, maybe Will Muschamp is the veteran coach available or Mack Brown (insert sarcasm)?

Reaction Score
It would seem veteran is Nutt, UCLA or MSU coordinator would be a good choice. I would have to be very convinced otherwise to be happy with the Ball State guy. It's not like they're lighting up the college football world over the past three or four years.

Reaction Score
Chin Diesel said:
Still has a show cause for another year or two. Not going to happen.

I know but he only has to sit out 6 games or something. It didn't seem like the end of the world given what he could do for us.

Reaction Score
One observation about Tressel: Whenever the camera caught him on the sidelines, he had that certain look. I'd describe it as analytical, like his mind was going a mile a minute to devise a countermeasure for whatever the opposition was throwing at his team. In retrospect, whatever he came up with usually worked.

Reaction Score
Seriously, if we hire Mazzone then I may have an aneurism.

Yep. There is no way this guy should be considered. Look up "Peter Principle" and you'll find his picture.

Reaction Score
I want Lembo but I expect Narduzzi. Warde is nothing if not predictable and his modus operandi is pretty clear. Mazzone would be a mistake, in my view. West coast guys don't translate well to the northeast. I don't know why, but they simply don't.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
Given the current state of the NCAA, I wouldn't mind Warde taking a crack at Tressel's show cause. After that my list is

Tressel (instant program cred)
Narduzzi (our ID has to be D)
Lembo (has to be easier to win here)
Bradley (guy is a good recruiter and coach with huge PA ties)

Some genius I have yet to hear about.

Every other name that has been thrown out there.

Reaction Score
I know but he only has to sit out 6 games or something. It didn't seem like the end of the world given what he could do for us.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jim_Tressel

On December 20, 2011 the NCAA placed Ohio State on an additional one year's probation and banned it from postseason play in 2012 for numerous major violations under Tressel's watch. It also imposed a five-year show-cause penalty on Tressel, which means any NCAA member that wants to hire him would have to "show cause" for why it shouldn't be sanctioned for hiring him, and could face severe penalties if he commits any further violations during that time. The order stands until December 19, 2016; given past precedent, it will likely have the effect of blackballing Tressel from the coaching ranks until the 2017 season. If Tressel ever coaches again during this period, he will be suspended for the first five games of the regular season, plus any conference championship game or bowl game. The NCAA came down particularly hard on Tressel.

(Not suggesting he is the guy we want, but 5 game suspension (which are mostly OOC games) doesn't seem like a deal breaker for me)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mollykate

Top Bottom