Sunday Observation | The Boneyard

Sunday Observation

Reaction Score
While attending all 3 games Sunday it was evident, at least to me, that there are Women’s basketball fans and UConn Women’s basketball fans. For the two games attendance was light And when the UConn game started the arena filled to about 70 percent capacity. No love for the top two teams in the nation.

Huskee11

The Sultan
Reaction Score
Guilty as charged. I showed up around 4:45.

I would have happily arrived for the second game, and even part of the first, but my wife thought otherwise......

It wasn`t entirely filled for the UConn game but I would have guessed closer to 80% than 70%.

Centerstream

Looking forward to next season
Reaction Score
A question...do you pay for each game or is a single ticket good for all 3 games?
If it is the former I can understand why fans would most likely not be willing to buy 3 tickets.
If the latter, I would also wonder why more UConn fans were not in attendance for the first 2 games.

Reaction Score
A question...do you pay for each game or is a single ticket good for all 3 games?
If it is the former I can understand why fans would most likely not be willing to buy 3 tickets.
If the latter, I would also wonder why more UConn fans were not in attendance for the first 2 games.
One ticket for all 3

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
While attending all 3 games Sunday it was evident, at least to me, that there are Women’s basketball fans and UConn Women’s basketball fans. For the two games attendance was light And when the UConn game started the arena filled to about 70 percent capacity. No love for the top two teams in the nation.
Perhaps the location of the triple-header had something to do with this? Just a wild thought ...

Reaction Score
Again, showing Uconn is #1 with the fans and forget the ratings. GO HUSKIES!!!!
A game at Mohegan you would expect to be filled with UConn fans! Has nothing to do with the ratings, whatever your definition of ratings might be! All it shows is UConn is number #1 with the fans in CT. No surprise there!

Reaction Score
I got there at 4:45. No interest in either earlier games..'specially not Staley and her crew.

Reaction Score
Perhaps the location of the triple-header had something to do with this? Just a wild thought ...
Yes, Uncasville is not exactly a metropolis of thronging multitudes. In any case, the TV ratings are much more important than than the games attendance. It was almost like a studio tournament.

Reaction Score
Let's see. The game was in the state of Connecticut. It is like a home game for Uconn. I think that has more to do with it than their fans being more supportive and loyal than the other teams Lets try a three game showcase in Charlotte, NC or Charleston, SC and see if the fan support would not be entirely South Carolina or UNC. This assumption was a reach even by the most ardent fan.

Reaction Score
I am a Connecticut fan from Long Island and went to see all three games on a rainy Sunday. Why not I was with my daughter and her boyfriend and we thoroughly enjoyed all three games. It appeared that North Carolina had a fairly large contingent of fans whereas South Carolina was represented by a scattering of fans not much for Florida State from what I saw, but Utah benefited from the dislike of South Carolina. A few bad calls were met with resounding boos . I believe the majority of the fans were clearly rooting for Utah as was I and Utah clearly has a star in their young forward Pili

sun

Reaction Score
The players must get a real thrill to play at the home arena of a WNBA team.
It's what memories are made of.
For the rest of their lives, whenever they watch the Sun play a home game they'll remember playing there.

Reaction Score
I am a Connecticut fan from Long Island and went to see all three games on a rainy Sunday. Why not I was with my daughter and her boyfriend and we thoroughly enjoyed all three games. It appeared that North Carolina had a fairly large contingent of fans whereas South Carolina was represented by a scattering of fans not much for Florida State from what I saw, but Utah benefited from the dislike of South Carolina. A few bad calls were met with resounding boos . I believe the majority of the fans were clearly rooting for Utah as was I and Utah clearly has a star in their young forward Pili
As a South Carolina fan, we have gotten used to being considered the big bully and being rooted against in these settings. Sue Bird said in an interview a few years ago with the National Team that Uconn used to be the hated when competing on the road or neutral site games because of their success and now Bird stated that she sees that with South Carolina now because of their "recent' dominance or success.

Monte

Count of Monte UConn
Reaction Score
Let's see. The game was in the state of Connecticut. It is like a home game for Uconn. I think that has more to do with it than their fans being more supportive and loyal than the other teams Lets try a three game showcase in Charlotte, NC or Charleston, SC and see if the fan support would not be entirely South Carolina or UNC. This assumption was a reach even by the most ardent fan.
Right; Storrs to Uncasville is 27 miles.....Charleston to Uncasville is 885 miles.

Reaction Score
As a South Carolina fan, we have gotten used to being considered the big bully and being rooted against in these settings. Sue Bird said in an interview a few years ago with the National Team that Uconn used to be the hated when competing on the road or neutral site games because of their success and now Bird stated that she sees that with South Carolina now because of their "recent' dominance or success.
I completely agree, and I also think Dawn is not very well liked nationally in the same way Geno is not liked nationally. Basically because of their success.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom