Sunday January 9 Game vs. Creighton | The Boneyard

Sunday January 9 Game vs. Creighton

Reaction Score
When is it likely that an announcement will be made about playing or postponing the 1/9 WBB game vs. Creighton at Gample?

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
Creighton will be traveling from Omaha to Storrs on Saturday, assuming the game is played. In all likelihood, UConn will need to confirm the game is on or not no later than tomorrow afternoon.

Reaction Score
Sunday's game is a home game. I would bet the farm that it will be played unless Creighton
has covid issues.

Reaction Score
They are on a bit of a run including a win over Arkansas.. Marquette tomorrow. Maybe we see a competitive game if they play it. Not overly optimistic.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
They are on a bit of a run including a win over Arkansas.. Marquette tomorrow. Maybe we see a competitive game if they play it. Not overly optimistic.
Creighton's win over Arkansas is huge. We beat Ark by 15. Creighton beat them by 9.

In our game we had a healthy Paige and also Nika and Azzi, but not sure how healthy the other 2 were...

Reaction Score
just to add some persecptive, when creighton beat arkansas, ark was without two starters due to injury (Ramirez and one other). still an impressive win by creighton, always good to have BE teams improve OOC schedules and get a W. nonetheless not the exact same team UConn faced.

Reaction Score
Creighton also wouldn’t be facing the same UConn team.

Reaction Score
Creighton also wouldn’t be facing the same UConn team.
touché. my main concern isn’t the team minus paige, we looked pretty good vs louisville and creighton is a similar guard-centric team but far less resume. my main concern is this super long break. hope they can play and it’s a competitive game!

Reaction Score
I got a communication today about a change in Protocol at Gampel. It said nothing about Creighton game, which leads me to intimate that the Sunday game is not happening.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
I got a communication today about a change in Protocol at Gampel. It said nothing about Creighton game, which leads me to intimate that the Sunday game is not happening.
There has been no indication that Sunday’s game has been canceled either on UConn or Creighton’s webpages or social media accounts. Until I here otherwise, I’m planning on watching the Huskies play on Sunday, although I’m not quite certain which players will be suited up.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
There has been no indication that Sunday’s game has been canceled either on UConn or Creighton’s webpages or social media accounts. Until I here otherwise, I’m planning on watching the Huskies play on Sunday, although I’m not quite certain which players will be suited up.
The change of Protocol is the need for proof of vaccination of the fans. Effective date Jan 15.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
The change of Protocol is the need for proof of vaccination of the fans. Effective date Jan 15.
I am aware of the protocol change on the 15th. That was the day when students were supposed to be back on campus for the start of the spring semester. While UConn is now going virtual for the first 2 weeks of the semester, some students will be allowed back on campus on a case by case basis.

Reaction Score
To be totally clear, it is proof of vaccine or a negative test. Those who have medical waivers that prevent a vaccination must still show a negative test.

Reaction Score
First of all, that's sounds great!
If I don't get to watch some Husky BB soon I'm going to be committed.
I've been watching old games on YouTube and other WCBB games if I can find them.
However, this pandemic has taught me that things change on a moment's notice.
Or no notice at all.
The State of Connecticut giveth and taketh away.
Hopefully they'll have some pity on us and let the ladies play.
This enforced inactivity on top of the COVID, injuries and whatnot is hard to take.

Reaction Score
First of all, that's sounds great!
If I don't get to watch some Husky BB soon I'm going to be committed.
I've been watching old games on YouTube and other WCBB games if I can find them.
However, this pandemic has taught me that things change on a moment's notice.
Or no notice at all.
The State of Connecticut giveth and taketh away.
Hopefully they'll have some pity on us and let the ladies play.
This enforced inactivity on top of the COVID, injuries and whatnot is hard to take.
The state of Connecticut had nothing to do with members of the team getting injured and testing positive for the virus. The health of these young women is far more important than a fan’s desire to see a game on TV from a safe place.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Creighton leading Marquette 27-23 at half. Jealous with Creighton playing 10. :oops:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom