Sunday Games 01/26 | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Sunday Games 01/26

Status
Not open for further replies.

DobbsRover2

Slap me 10
Reaction Score
Plus the flops. Okay, I know that offensive players don't flop, or so I've been told by knowledgeable experts on the BY, but you just lose respect for players who dive into a crowd of OK State players, throw up their arms, act as if they were a mortally wounded Italian soccer player. Where is Zidane's forehead when you need it? I wouldn't care if if Chiney has "Huskies bite lemons" tattooed on her forehead at this point, if it comes down to those two, CO should win. But players with the initials BH and BS might have better credentials before long (and that's no BS).

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
I think these comments shed some light on Kim's feelings on Odyssey and what she asks of her, and what Odyssey thinks is expected of herself. Now that the competition is stiffer it is an adjustment for Odyssey, and Kim, which I am OK with. Everyone wants to look as Sims as selfish whereas Mulkey knows Sims and sees it as wanting to do all that she can to win. She has to learn the difference between doing all you can and doing too much.

Mulkey said Sims was benched for two reasons -- the foul trouble and trying to do too much (guess we are both right pap49cba).

"So much is asked of her," Mulkey said. "She's the first player I have had in my 14 years at Baylor that is being asked to do so much, and she wants to do good, and sometimes, she gets a little carried away and feels that she's got to do it all, and it's my job to make her understand it's OK, you can trust those teammates."

To me, shooting percentage is a HUGE factor in voting for POY. I used that, and defense, to argue for BG over EDD last year. However, I don't think that Chiney is asked to do nearly as much as Sims as Chiney does not have to chase the best opposing guard all over the court to defend her and she is not asked to be the floor general that makes it all happen on offense. She is playing on the wing a lot, but quite frankly, she is playing PG from the 2 position on the court.

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
Is playing Sims from the right flank as PG or PtF in order to maximize Sims ability to go to her left which is by far stronger than her right. Coming from the right flank Kim has now set double screens for Sims crossing the top with the ball in her strong hand. It is an interesting offensive adaptation. Crossing the top Sims can cut down the lane off the first or second screen or can step back for the 3. The have maximized options and, maybe or maybe not, hidden a limitation.

Reaction Score
Woohoo...a top 10 victory!! Mulkey's daughter was the star of the game with her three point shooting (6-10) and Nina Davis has a tremendous stat line with 16 points, 17 rebounds, 5 steals, 2 assists and 2 blocks. Higgins played some very good minutes at the end of the game and in OT.

I agree, Chiney is now the leader in the POY race. Sims has had some really tough games and has taken herself out of the race. Her play was so bad that Mulkey benched her for about a 3 or 4 mintues stretch at the end of regulation. But, man did she come through at the end of the game with a couple of big steals and a three point play.

Small looked good in the first half and then barely saw the floor in the second half. She is so good at getting to the basket that I just don't see why she is not on the floor more. I would put Niya Johnson on the bench and let Small play PG, or have Odyssey go back to the PG position and have Small swing to the wing.

OSU should've won but a couple of their players missed easy layups late in the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom