Sunday (3/3) games | Page 11 | The Boneyard

Sunday (3/3) games

shinobimono

The Sound of One Hand Clapping
Reaction Score
So they call it Powder Blue out there? They call it baby blue or Carolina Blue here..... I call it something else :mad:

I actually have a Yellow UCLA shirt.... picked it up at Old Navy for 5 bucks several years ago. I dont wear it in public though :oops:

In the Midwest UCLA's uniform was called "powder blue," at least by the sportscasters. They beat Michigan State (MSU) in the Rose Bowl on a last second 2-point conversion to break a tie and win 14-12 back when I was a kid. I never forgave them for that. :mad:

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
Miss State is the better team this year. If South Carolina ever learns how to play one 4 qs rather than 3 it will be something.

I continue to protest Coach Staley turtling up with the veterans.

40 totally unproductive minutes from Jackson/Cliney today. I just totally disagree with this.

She's not wearing a turtle neck?

Reaction Score
She's gonna look gooooood in maroon next year! (Ducking)

All bets are off at this point. She loves LSU. Although Chloe Jackson said the same thing and ran out of BR quickly after post season finishes.

I just think she gets a little irritated sometimes doing so much of the work with not a lot of help.

Guessing MSU adds a grad transfer regardless this offseason. Losing 4 starters again is going to hurt, and having experience will help. I know the freshmen class coming in is great but they are gonna need some upperclassmen to lean on. Bibby and AEH return, but they will really need Carter, M. Taylor and Wiggins to develop a lot this offseason. Promise should be a big rebounder and shot blocker, not 100% sure what her offense is like

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
In the Midwest UCLA's uniform was called "powder blue," at least by the sportscasters. They beat Michigan State (MSU) in the Rose Bowl on a last second 2-point conversion to break a tie and win 14-12 back when I was a kid. I never forgave them for that. :mad:

Im glad to see that Im not the only one who holds sports grudges for 40+ years... I had to look up that game... that was from 1966 :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

Reaction Score
Miss State is the better team this year. If South Carolina ever learns how to play one 4 qs rather than 3 it will be something.

I continue to protest Coach Staley turtling up with the veterans.

40 totally unproductive minutes from Jackson/Cliney today. I just totally disagree with this.

I still think y'all have the pieces to make a run in the tournament if it all comes together at one time.

shinobimono

The Sound of One Hand Clapping
Reaction Score
Im glad to see that Im not the only one who holds sports grudges for 40+ years... I had to look up that game... that was from 1966 :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:
Once you experience trauma in early life, you never forget it. Though years of psychoanalysis might neutralize it, but who wants that?.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
She's worn makeup and false eyelashes since she was a freshman. She's the first player I remember seeing with false eyelashes; she's set quite a trend.

If it would help some of our girls rebound like her, Geno may allow it. ;) Nah.

Reaction Score
There are MANY women in college basketball that wear make-up. It is incredibly common. But the false eyelashes are far less common.

Ok, so she was wearing false eyelashes too? I thought so but I'm really bad at recognizing stuff like that, hence why I was asking.

cockhrnleghrn

Crowing rooster
Reaction Score
Is A Howard wearing makeup?
She thinks she's prancing on the runway instead of the lane. She is a good player, and has really been a help to MSU this year, but she frequently has a bad attitude. I saw that up close today. (I sit 4 rows behind the opposing head coach)

Last edited:

cockhrnleghrn

Crowing rooster
Reaction Score
Good win by Mississippi State, probably their best win of the season and by far their best road win.

SC really lost its juice at halftime and mostly crapped the bed in the 2nd half. Made a late charge for some drama,
Vic's forced technical foul in the 3rd quarter followed by our 2 missed free throws is what turned the game around for them. You have to give him credit, he worked the refs hard all game.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Vic's forced technical foul in the 3rd quarter followed by our 2 missed free throws is what turned the game around for them. You have to give him credit, he worked the refs hard all game.

He always does. His face matches the color of his tie every game. ;)

DefenseBB

Snark is always appreciated!
Reaction Score
LSU is taking on Tennessee in the SEC tournament.

This should be good
So you need Nikki to win and eliminate Holly, the take her job! Which for us, if Tenn is going to move on from Holly, taking Nikki is the next best thing to ensure further mediocrity and most importantly Continue to aggravate the VolNation crowd! That’s a WIN/WIN for both of us. :D

Reaction Score
Is A Howard wearing makeup?

This picture on senior night cracked me up

D0lVT2hX0AAh1wl.jpg

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
I recorded the UW-Stanford game and rewatched. Stanford had buzzer beating 3's at the end of Q1 and Q3, and got a 3 w/ 12 seconds left in Q2. That's a pretty darn good way to finish quarters.

Haley Van Dyke from UW scored 10 points in the last 4 1/2 minutes. She had been scoreless up to that point. Finished tied for a team high. Weird to lead your team in scoring when you don't get your first point until more than halfway thru Q4.

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
@triaddukefan you'll be interested to see this tweet from Grant Williams (Tennessee men's player) on the Janelle Bailey incident. I get the impression that he's celebrating it. And she responds...

Plebe

Reaction Score
Ha I guess stuff like this is why UConn doesn't let its players tweet in season:

GoDawgs4

MSU and All That Too
Reaction Score

The officials definitely let them play in the State-USCe game. It was very physical. They called zero illegal screens but could have easily called 15-20 between the two teams.
Generally speaking, you prefer that the officials swallow their whistles in a big game. They did that in this one particular game.

Going forward in the NCAA Tournament , officiating could certainly come into play. The top teams would do well to play cautious in the first quarter to get a feel for how the game is going to be called. A star player Getting two quick fouls early can really hurt a team.

Back to Schaefer, that was probably the best Technical Foul I have seen in a long time. It let his team know he was fighting for them. After that we were more aggressive and USCe kind of fell back on their heels. You generally don’t like to see a Coach get a “T” but on this one occasion it was actually a good thing.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
@triaddukefan you'll be interested to see this tweet from Grant Williams (Tennessee men's player) on the Janelle Bailey incident. I get the impression that he's celebrating it. And she responds...

I had only tuned in to the aftermath. Did not see the severity of it. She was going over the refs, teammates, coaches. I would think there should be some penalty beyond being ejected from the game going forward but Hatchell is poo-pooing it. :(

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score

I saw that yesterday.... They went to the same high school in Charlotte. Im not all that surprised by her response :rolleyes:

Plebe

Reaction Score
I saw that yesterday.... They went to the same high school in Charlotte. Im not all that surprised by her response :rolleyes:
Ah, I knew he was from Carolina, and figured they must've had a personal connection.

Also, did you see Cierra Burdick's response? Haha I wonder why her teammates didn't "have her back" -- gee, I dunno, maybe cuz they're tired of her antics?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom