Sunday 3/19 NCAAT games | Page 7 | The Boneyard

Sunday 3/19 NCAAT games

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
I KNOW already that the NC State post-game press conference is gonna be tough to watch :(
I can't watch it. It was hard enough watching them cry after fouling out and then after losing the game.

Reaction Score
No way this crew gets to move forward and ref another tournament game.

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
So, I think the charge was a questionable call, but if you call that foul, then how about calling the over the back on the rebound of the missed foul shot - an equally valid 'call'.

Yeah, this is the Uconn nightmare - getting a crew of refs that are this bad - it was not that physical a game to have 50+ fouls called. Both teams are a little handsy on defense, but comeon!

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
So, I think the charge was a questionable call, but if you call that foul, then how about calling the over the back on the rebound of the missed foul shot - an equally valid 'call'.
!

It didnt help that all the players with size for State had fouled out. They had guards on the block..... in good box out position...

Reaction Score
It is time now for me, like Puff, the Magic Dragon, to sadly slip into my cave. NCState is going to take a step backward next year...but we have an outstanding recruiting class coming in for the 2018-19 season...and in a few years, we'll start making some noise again. I've enjoyed my time on the Boneyard this year in what was an exciting season for the Wolfpack Women.

I'm an Irish fan, and although I feel righteous anger and a sense of sadness that two players like Spencer and Wilson went out like that, I also feel a strong sense of pride for the way they represented the ACC, not only in this game, but all year. They shouldn't let a few bad calls diminish all their hard word. I'll be rooting you guys in the ACC next year - after the Irish of course - and have full confidence you'll rebuild under Wes Moore!

UConnNick

from Vince Lombardi's home town
Reaction Score
OMG these Brenda speeches are a form of torture prohibited by the Geneva conventions!

She better not quit coaching because she has zero future on the lecture circuit. She's the female version of Ben Stein. "Bueller? Bueller? Bueller?"

Plebe

Reaction Score
I'm an Irish fan, and although I feel righteous anger and a sense of sadness that two players like Spencer and Wilson went out like that, I also feel a strong sense of pride for the way they represented the ACC, not only in this game, but all year. They shouldn't let a few bad calls diminish all their hard word. I'll be rooting you guys in the ACC next year - after the Irish of course - and have full confidence you'll rebuild under Wes Moore!
Wes Moore has quite the rebuilding job on his hands, since he'll lose not only Spencer and Wilson, but also Mathurin and Williams.

UConnNick

from Vince Lombardi's home town
Reaction Score
Slocum with and unbelievable 3 at the end of the 1st half. Watch for it on ESPN highlights.

She has reintroduced the two-hand set shot, in spectacular fashion.

Reaction Score
Wow, Taylor has picked up her 2nd foul in less than 2 minutes of play. She is Texas' best defensive player by far. Not a good start for the Longhorns.

I thought there were WAY too many whistles in this one! It wasnt favoring either team, so it was "fair" in that sense, but just too tightly called.

Plebe

Reaction Score
It is time now for me, like Puff, the Magic Dragon, to sadly slip into my cave. NCState is going to take a step backward next year...but we have an outstanding recruiting class coming in for the 2018-19 season...and in a few years, we'll start making some noise again. I've enjoyed my time on the Boneyard this year in what was an exciting season for the Wolfpack Women.
I somehow missed this message at the time you posted it.

Your team had an outstanding year! By far the best in the Wes Moore era. After a somewhat disappointing OOC, NC State roared back with huge wins over Notre Dame, Florida State, Louisville, and Duke. Your team fought with the hearts of lions right down to the end.

Reaction Score
Never done this before, but about Slocum, told 'ya so. thought she showed superstar potential in the UConn game, and she is proving it in the tournament. If MD gets to play UCOnn and Slocum goes off, it could be the wild card they need. Not predicting a UConn loss, by any means, but just something they have to think about.

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
So far in the FSU vs Mizzou game Mizzou is playing like a team while FSU is playing 1 on 1 street ball. Mizzou leading 14-12 after one.

Plebe

Reaction Score
Never done this before, but about Slocum, told 'ya so. thought she showed superstar potential in the UConn game, and she is proving it in the tournament. If MD gets to play UCOnn and Slocum goes off, it could be the wild card they need. Not predicting a UConn loss, by any means, but just something they have to think about.
So you're gloating about identifying Slocum's potential after the UConn game? Yeah, wow, quite the visionary there. No one else saw that coming at all.

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
Well Slocum had a nice day against 3 sick Husky's in the first game while UConn ran out of gas and had foul trouble. Frese should have lost by 20 but they still lost by 9 at home. What else you got to show me?

Reaction Score
Watching SC vs AZ, holy geeze, look at Wilson hard - get whistled for it and as usual Wilson's arms and elbows are flying...

Reaction Score
USC in a dog fight on their home floor.

If this team gets upset again there's literally no team left in Stockton that deserves to be in Dallas.

Reaction Score
SC is a totally different team without Coates. They just have no interior defense. Ariz. St. Is tall but very slow and not offensively skilled. Any good offensive team that can make Wilson move around and guard alittle on the perimeter will upend the gamecocks.

Reaction Score
How do you not put either Maryland, Texas, Washington, or Tennessee in with South Carolina? Heck even a Duke or Ohio State. I understand why Miss State couldn't but still.

Reaction Score
Well Slocum had a nice day against 3 sick Husky's in the first game while UConn ran out of gas and had foul trouble. Frese should have lost by 20 but they still lost by 9 at home. What else you got to show me?

Freshman Slocum > Freshman Dangerfield.

Last edited:

ochoopsfan

OC Hoops Fan
Reaction Score
Poor Pac12 8th seed ASU making South Carolina sweat at the half.

Real Devils wears RED..........Not Dukette Blue :D

Blueballer

Transhumanist Consultant
Reaction Score
Freshman Solcum > Freshman Dangerfield.

Well we'll see if that remains to be the case going forward. Slocum has played a LOT in a very different system.

Plebe

Reaction Score
Freshman Solcum > Freshman Dangerfield.
Different coaches, different systems, different pathways for incorporating freshmen.

UConn's 11 national championships > Maryland's 1

How did things go with Toliver and Coleman at Maryland after their freshman year?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SeaDr

Top Bottom