Sunday #2s both win. | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Sunday #2s both win.

Reaction Score
I dont think that WCBB games can be played anywhere and draw great crowds. As others have said, there just isnt the general fan base of some other sports. Financially, the NCAA will continue to choose sites and participants to get crowds.
I also dont think that playing in a big arena fairly near a competing college is such a big advantage. It is not like some home arenas with students right on top of the game. I think for many, if not most players, just playing before a big crowd produces the adrenaline even if they are not rooting for you. It would be way worse to play before a sparse, uninspired crowd.

Reaction Score
I hope so. But given the very long history here of Mississippi State fans explaining away the two losses to Oregon and arguing that things surely would have been different if--fill in the blank--yours seems to me just another set of posts about how all of us should recognize that Oregon really is the inferior team.

Sometimes a loss is just a loss and sometimes the better team is the one that wins.

and it will forever more be a loss for us. Actually, quite honestly after losing 4 starters two years ago and then 4 more starters last year, it was amazing that we made it to the Elite Eight. I am very proud of our Ladies.

Now Schaefer will be replacing four more starters. That is 12 in three years yet we have some talent coming along so next year we will drop off some but not a lot.

The job Coach Schaefer and his staff did this year is nothing less than fantastic. Most of us thought we would be fortunate to make in to the Tournament but getting this far did not seem likely before the season started.

Also I never said Oregon was an inferior team. Quite the contrary they are an excellent team. My conversation was about logistics.[/QUOTE]
You have a 6'7" giant on your team. You could surround her with a CYO team and make it to the tournament!

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104
Top Bottom