Not open for further replies.

psconn

Proud Connecticut WBB Fan
Reaction Score
Bone not starting... ?!?!?!?!?

psconn

Proud Connecticut WBB Fan
Reaction Score
Just no answer by the Sun when Phoenix started rolling. AH-M started in Bond's place. Not sure what that is all about. Stricken a DNP. No clue on that either. This season feels long already.

Banham good in the 1st half, then they started guarding her. Good job by Morgan - also played 30 minutes. Jones looked pretty good at times also.

[Sigh]

Reaction Score
Stricklen is hurt; hyperextended knee. Didn't play last game either.

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
Phoenix is starting to show a little life - but against some pretty mediocre teams. You get the sense that the team is starting to gel, but they looked really poor for pretty long stretches on defense and couldn't hit anything on offense for the first half.

Sun ... just meh. I don't like the composition of the team at the moment. Forwards and centers dominant with spotty guard play. Even hitting everything from the arc most of the night could't save them, and they are unlikely to shoot 50% from 3 very often.

Reaction Score
Phoenix is starting to show a little life - but against some pretty mediocre teams. You get the sense that the team is starting to gel, but they looked really poor for pretty long stretches on defense and couldn't hit anything on offense for the first half.

Sun ... just meh. I don't like the composition of the team at the moment. Forwards and centers dominant with spotty guard play. Even hitting everything from the arc most of the night could't save them, and they are unlikely to shoot 50% from 3 very often.
The biggest problem, is the coach needs to teach his players how to play defense without reaching, and committing fouls on every possession. The only one on the team that seems to know that is Morgan.

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
Phoenix has stretches where they look good and then stretches where they stink.

Griner has never been a very good rebounder and I don't see that changing. She is just not as quick to the ball as some of the players who are a little short and who don't wear a size 17 men's shoe. And this team is just a poor rebounding team, which it shouldn't be considering the overall height of the starters.

Bass and Harrison are really impressing me this season. Both seem to have an immediate impact when they come in.

Reaction Score
They're 1-5. I know they've got a new coach with a different approach & that it takes time to get everyone on the same page but it seems like nothing much has changed :(

mr006

Reaction Score
Phoenix only had 4 TOs per box score, was that correct?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SeaDr

Top Bottom