Sun v Wings 5/14/19 | The Boneyard

Sun v Wings 5/14/19

psconn

Proud Connecticut WBB Fan
Reaction Score
What a difference a day makes. Great shooting and cohesive play last night, awful shooting and choppy, ugly play tonight. Some of this was probably due to the Wings physical, athletic players, but not all. The Sun starters just came out a bit flat on offense, although the D looked pretty good at times.

Hard to find standouts, but I'll mention Bri Jones who bashed and banged her way to 10 points, 6 rebounds and 5 contusions.

Bria Holmes shot and moved well, leading the team with 14 points. JJ rebounded well (14) but layed a lot of bricks.

Natisha Heideman was the bright spot among the kids again despite poor shooting. The girl played some SPIRITED defense and is working hard to make this roster. Hopefully when she makes the team, we'll see her smile a little... right now, she's all business. Miller seems to like her a lot.

Bridget Carleton looks like she could be pretty good some day. She's does not appear to be intimidated, and she looks like she's enjoying the opportunity. I can't see her making this roster though.

I feel for Kristine Anigwe... man, she looked confused at times. She has moments when you can see the instincts, talent and athleticism, but she looks a bit lost most of the time at this point. She had a couple nice rebounds in traffic and I was pleased to see her attempt an elbow jumper, although she did not make it. I think she needs that shot in her tool bag.

The Sun's final tune-up will be against the Liberty on 5/19 at the Sun Arena. I expect the Liberty to play much better than last time. Five more days of practice won't hurt anyone.

Last edited:

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
I will admit I was skeptical about how her game would transfer to the pros, but she looked really good. She is a baller, and she will probably have the greatest impact of any rookie this season given the state of things in Dallas.
She definitely has the physicality and triple threat offense that can translate to the pros. She’ll need to discover an interest in defense, but i agree that given the needs of her team she will play a ton of minutes and take a lot of shots. If she makes enough of them she’ll be in the running for ROY.

psconn

Proud Connecticut WBB Fan
Reaction Score
CORRECTION TO MY POST ABOVE:
The Sun's final tune-up will be against the Liberty on 5/19 at the TIMES UNION CENTER IN ALBANY, NY.

Reaction Score
Connecticut Sun Post-game press conference. (just had a chance to publish this)

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom