Sun to Play Atlanta in WNBA PLayoffs | The Boneyard

Sun to Play Atlanta in WNBA PLayoffs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
Atlanta beat Indiana and with the NY loss, Atlanta ends up in 3rd place and will face the Sun in 1st round.

The Sun probably would have rather played NY, then Atlanta but at least they have the home court. We know Indiana is glad to play NY as they loss 4 games to Atlanta this year.

psconn

Proud Connecticut WBB Fan
Reaction Score
Not much of a reward for a really good victory today... Atlanta running very hot right now and the Sun don't match up well. The go-to girl, Tina does not typically dominate Erika as she does many others. Time for that to change. Who will coach T find to contain Angel? :rolleyes:
Very tough road ahead... do-able, but its gonna be bloodbath after bloodbath all the way. GO SUN!!

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
i pick Atlanta in 3 games. hope i'm wrong. we will see. i agree the sun don't match up well and have not fared well since atlanta has been healthy...

Reaction Score
Just got my tickets for the playoff games. The Sun have been a challenge to my vocal chords this season. We will have to cheer them on to victory. Thank goodness for home court advantage...though I notice there are alot of good seats remaining.
Go Sun!!!

Reaction Score
I don't think I'd be crawling too far out on the longshot limb
if I suggested that an Atlanta vs. Seattle matchup for the
championship again is a very real possibility.

Reaction Score
I don't think I'd be crawling too far out on the longshot limb
if I suggested that an Atlanta vs. Seattle matchup for the
championship again is a very real possibility.
What about Minnesota? Another real possibility

JoePgh

Cranky pants and wise acre
Reaction Score
The people on this thread seem to be unduly pessimistic about the Sun's chances to beat Atlanta. Remember that the Sun have home-court advantage, and they won both of their home matchups against Atlanta during the season. In addition, one game in Atlanta was going to be won by the Sun until Sancho Lyttle hit a very improbable 3-pointer at the end of regulation.

The Sun do play much better at home, and seem to have an advantage in fourth quarters in close games at home -- they rarely lose leads and seem able to come back from 5-8 point deficits with only 5 minutes or so left to play.

If Tina and Angel both dominate their team's offense, as seems likely, then it will come down to who has the better "other four" and bench. Although it is an arguable point, I would say that the Sun have an edge there.

Call me the Tonyc of Sun fans.

Reaction Score
JoePgh...I hope the Sun is as "tuff" as TonyC! Difficult first round for the Sun, but great that they get two out of three at home. Anyone know about "real" TV (ESPN, ESPN2) for the Sun games?

Reaction Score
The Sun team responds really well to home crowd support (at least I like to think that I am helping them out).I am a believer.
They are a team with really good chemistry and are fun to watch...and who can deny the link to Uconn. Come join us.
As I said before..Go Sun!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger