Sun Take Care of Business vs Storm | The Boneyard

Sun Take Care of Business vs Storm

psconn

Proud Connecticut WBB Fan
Reaction Score
The Sun are making hay against several teams with players missing, as they have to in order to have hope of improving their playoff seeding.

JJ was really good despite facing really aggressive double teams for the first time this season. Double-Double.

AT did her thing for 20 and was generally relentless all over the court as usual.

Best news of the day for me was Kristine Anigwe's minutes. She really looked good shooting, on the boards and on D. Her development is very important for the Sun especially in the back half of the regular season. Unfortunately, this meant zero minutes for Bri Jones.

JoePgh

Cranky pants and wise acre
Reaction Score
I was wondering if Brionna Jones had a minor injury. If not, then the substitution pattern suggests that Kristine is being given a chance to move up the depth chart to become the #2 center.

psconn

Proud Connecticut WBB Fan
Reaction Score
I was wondering if Brionna Jones had a minor injury. If not, then the substitution pattern suggests that Kristine is being given a chance to move up the depth chart to become the #2 center.

The other factor is match ups. Bri does well against burlier centers despite being undersized. Seattle has quicker posts with the exception of Paris, who just played 4 minutes, and KML who was not effective.

There may be a Bri Jones minor injury, but the fact is that KA's minutes have risen in each of the last 4 games and she is noticeably improving each outing.

Reaction Score
Brionna Jones is strong and determined, but I think she has not performed up to the expectations that Curt Miller has had for her. In the wake of the Chiney trade, it was oft repeated how it would give Bri a chance to show what she can do, but for the most part, she hasn't done much. I love her and think she can do better. I'm sure she will get the chance. I hope she takes advantage when she does.

bballnut90

LV Adherent. Topic Crafter
Reaction Score
The Sun are making hay against several teams with players missing, as they have to in order to have hope of improving their playoff seeding.

JJ was really good despite facing really aggressive double teams for the first time this season. Double-Double.

AT did her thing for 20 and was generally relentless all over the court as usual.

Best news of the day for me was Kristine Anigwe's minutes. She really looked good shooting, on the boards and on D. Her development is very important for the Sun especially in the back half of the regular season. Unfortunately, this meant zero minutes for Bri Jones.

Sun looked really good yesterday. Jonquel is a stud....she definitely looks a lot better playing without Chiney inside. Stricklen has also turned into one of the league's best snipers. It's early but they look like the clear cut best team right now.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Geno was very complementary of Stricklen.

Basically, his analysis was

She knows what she is good at, she takes the shots without hesitation and she has worked hard to become such a good 3 point shooter.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Jasmine Thomas needs to step her game up...... especially if she wants to be featured in my avatar this season.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom