sun-sparks | The Boneyard

sun-sparks

Reaction Score
really good game to watch, was watching on sportsnet spectrum here in la, ogwumike sisters had a game. Still weird for me to see Derek Fisher coaching this team. Anyone else watch?

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Saw the last few minutes (watched the LV/PH game instead) after CN closed the game to 69-67. The Ogwumike sisters put daggers into the Sun. They will be tough when Parker gets back,

Speaking of the Mercury -Aces game in Phoenix, that was really fun to watch. Phoenix won 86-84 in a game of spurts. The Mercury played very well with contributions from a lot of players (all 5 starters in double figures) but the main take away was the poor shooting of Aja Wilson(4-19) including two bunny misses in the last seconds which would have tied the game. She was heart broken.

Which brings me to Cambage. She has lost 20+ pounds and looks great. She is so talented (13 pts in 13 minutes) but I really don't like her attitude. Correct me if I am wrong but a player should not act like a kid who just received a boat load of Christmas presents after a really tough loss (Wilson in near tears) . Bleech. After a game of making jokes with best friend Griner. :mad::mad:

Sure Lambeer loved that. :rolleyes:

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
I appreciate her skills but continue to be annoyed by her attitude that the world should bend to her needs. Anyhow, that is my opinion and that won't change unless I see her become more team than self.

Reaction Score
I mean, I think Cambage has made it abundantly clear the WNBA is not at the top of her list in terms of things she cares about. I imagine she's just happy to finally be with a team she wants to play for after almost a decade of angst with the various incarnations of the Shock/Wings.

And different players handle things differently based on different kinds of pressure/expectations. Wilson was ROY last year and is trying to establish herself as one of the best players in the W - and she was the one that went 4/19, including easy misses at the buzzer. Of course she's going to be down.

By contrast, Cambage has nothing to prove to anyone. She's coming back from injury, and is probably just excited she gets to play ball with a bunch of players she really likes but has rarely gotten to see/play with over the past few years. For her, the W barely pays the bills and requires her to be halfway across the world from her home. I'd cut her some slack and just be glad she's finding joy from the WNBA in any way, shape, or form. It's been a long time since Cambage has seemed to be happy about anything when it comes to the W.
Unlike the best ever Aussie, Lauren Jackson, who had a fire in her, Liz is who she is. It's not important for her to be the best in the World, and that's ok, it's her life.

Bigboote

That's big-boo-TAY
Reaction Score
I mean, I think Cambage has made it abundantly clear the WNBA is not at the top of her list in terms of things she cares about. I imagine she's just happy to finally be with a team she wants to play for after almost a decade of angst with the various incarnations of the Shock/Wings.

And different players handle things differently based on different kinds of pressure/expectations. Wilson was ROY last year and is trying to establish herself as one of the best players in the W - and she was the one that went 4/19, including easy misses at the buzzer. Of course she's going to be down.

By contrast, Cambage has nothing to prove to anyone. She's coming back from injury, and is probably just excited she gets to play ball with a bunch of players she really likes but has rarely gotten to see/play with over the past few years. For her, the W barely pays the bills and requires her to be halfway across the world from her home. I'd cut her some slack and just be glad she's finding joy from the WNBA in any way, shape, or form. It's been a long time since Cambage has seemed to be happy about anything when it comes to the W.

All valid points. But like the others, I just don't like her attitude. I want to like the Aces, but Cambage being on the team and their having traded Jefferson, I'll have a hard time liking them. I also don't understand drafting Jackie Young with the first pick. Again, those are all valid moves, and quite likely best for the Aces, but it doesn't mean I have to like those moves.

Reaction Score
Unlike the best ever Aussie, Lauren Jackson, who had a fire in her, Liz is who she is. It's not important for her to be the best in the World, and that's ok, it's her life.
Sometimes too much fire...

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom