Sun Roster on Draft Day... Who Makes the Cut? | The Boneyard

Sun Roster on Draft Day... Who Makes the Cut?

psconn

Proud Connecticut WBB Fan
Reaction Score
A little early for this but I'm pretty psyched... 5 true posts, 7 true guards, 2 swings, 2 TBD - 12 woman roster when all is said and done. I'll say it again, 12 is not enough. This training camp is going to be extremely competitive and I hope some pleasant surprises emerge.

Rachel Banham G QUESTIONABLE - I don't think there's any "maybe next year" left for Rachel. Now or never. Lots of good guards coming in. Had a good season in the WNBL. I hope she can prove all doubters wrong in camp but...

Alex Bentley G PROBABLE - she was actually pretty good in her role as a back up. Don't know if she was really happy in that role and she was dealing with a bad ankle.

Cayla George C LOCK - with the loss of Pedersen and Kizer the Sun need a banger inside.

Kelsey Griffin F PROBABLE - One tough Alask-nebrak-australian :p Same as above and it depends how well she can come back from her hip surgery. She was an All-Star and MVP in the WNBL but that's not a really strong league. No one plays harder than Kelsey and the fans love that.

Jessica January G QUESTIONABLE - I love the way she plays. Hard nosed hustler who has offensive skills. Stuck in a numbers game at guard on this roster.

Brionna Jones C PROBABLE - Hoping for a sophomore leap here. She's had a good Euro season.

Jonquel Jones F LOCK- Tremendous talent. All-Star with upside.

Betnijah Laney GF QUESTIONABLE- I need to look at her work more closely

Chiney Ogwumike F LOCK- There has been talk of her working successfully on her outside game. If she can approach Nnecka's success outside, it's a game changer for her and the team.

Leticia Romero G QUESTIONABLE- She's a question mark to me. Plays ok on a good Spanish National team and is averaging 9.6 points, 7.1 assists and 4.1 rebounds for her Czech Republic team (no idea if that's a strong league).

Shekinna Stricklen GF LOCK- She carried the team at times last season with her 3 point shooting. Faded a bit at the end.

Alyssa Thomas F LOCK- AT makes the team go in much the same way Gabby did for UConn... rebound, hard push, attack the rim, good passer. All-Star

Jasmine Thomas G LOCK- Coming off her best season running the show and making shots... All-Star, warrior.

Morgan Tuck F LOCK- Morgan lead the team in scoring before going out with a an injury. She had a great overseas season. If she returns better than her last year's best, the Sun take a big step forward.

Courtney Williams G LOCK- When she's on, she's the show.

Lexie Brown G LOCK- You don't see 1st choices cut pre-season especially when so much political capital was spent with some fans to get her.

Mikayla Cowling F QUESTIONABLE- So hard to make a roster in the W. The Sun have no use for another post unless she's shockingly good in camp.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
How does the fairly recent trade news (#15 pick for Bria Holmes) affect the questionables?

psconn

Reaction Score
How does the fairly recent trade news (#15 pick for Bria Holmes) affect the questionables?

"Fairly recent"... ESPN announced this about 30 minutes ago! I love the Boneyard.

Bria won't be playing this year, so it should have little effect I think. Coach Curt has to find the best 12 for this year IMO.

psconn

Reaction Score
Does Holmes not count against the limit of 12?

No. She is not an active player this season and should be listed as "suspended". Like Chiney was last year.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
No. She is not an active player this season and should be listed as "suspended". Like Chiney was last year.
That’s what I thought, but wasn’t sure. Thanks!

psconn

Reaction Score
Updated with draft choices but really no change.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom