Sun Foundation Brunch | The Boneyard

Sun Foundation Brunch

psconn

Proud Connecticut WBB Fan
Reaction Score
I attended the Sun Foundation kickoff this morning. Rebecca Lobo was the keynote and was her usual funny, charming self. What is nice about this event is that a player or players and coaches are seated at each table among guests, and you really get a chance to have a conversation with them. I imagine this could be an uncomfortable scenario for the players but I have to say these guys handles it well. They are a likable bunch and they understand their role as ambassadors for the Sun and the W. Allie Hightower was not there and no explanation was provided. I would have asked, but I didn't realize until it was almost over that she was not there.

I especially wanted to talk to the new kids to get a sense of their personalities. They were all great, but Bri Jones stood out to me as a really nice, smart and humble kid who genuinely appreciates being here despite being a little overwhelmed at times. Based on her personality, she might take some time to feel really confident and assertive on the court. Jessica January was very nice also but has an intensity about her just below the surface. She's fighting her @55 off for a job, and I would not want to be between her and her goal. She's facing long odds, but she strikes me as a real winner.

Lynetta Kizer seems very happy to be part of this team. Her role here will be bigger than it was in Indy, and I think she loves that. She talked about wanting to be a leader and reliable vet for the new guys to come to for help and encouragement. A very positive person.

I sat with JJ and as always she was great. Polite, at ease, and approachable... just a very nice person. I spoke with Jasmine, Alex and Alyssa. All seem relaxed, confident and excited to be together and to get started.

I think Coach Curt said they only have 3 practices left before the opener. He said the last cuts will be very difficult, but that is what he wanted going in... a very competitive camp.

LET'S GO
2600-png.21937

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog
Top Bottom