Sun Belt snafoo | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Sun Belt snafoo

KnightBridgeAZ

Grand Canyon Knight
Reaction Score
I must have missed it and I've gone through the thread a couple times to be sure I didn't. Didn't think the tone of the response was necessary which is why I posted a screenshot of their reply to show what I saw.
Apparently you are indeed blocked by someone or blocked them at some point. He was responding to a post that said the game should be declared a forfeit by the commissioner and the referees suspended for the rest of the year, and the post he was responding to appears in his post as I see it.

Reaction Score
Another bad issue with this situation, and pointed out in the statement, is that this was non-reviewable by replay. This could’ve easily been fixed if the coach was allowed to ask for them to review it.
Just another example of the absolute idiocy of reviews. Either “everything“ should be reviewable (which obviously is ridiculously impossible) or nothing. The end of the PAC 12 game yesterday took forever with all the last minute stoppages and reviews; shades of the men’s game. Losing or gaining time on the clock or the wrong out of bounds call can effect the outcome of a close game regardless of when it occurs In the 40 minutes.

Reaction Score
I wish i could i could find the post game press conference by ODU and Delisha Milton Jones laughing about it saying they “technically only had 5 players on the floor. The other was out of bounds”
I saw it. Disappointed in how she handled it.

Reaction Score
Apparently you are indeed blocked by someone or blocked them at some point. He was responding to a post that said the game should be declared a forfeit by the commissioner and the referees suspended for the rest of the year, and the post he was responding to appears in his post as I see it.
Appreciate the confirmation. Unfortunately, we forget that not everyone sees each others posts.

BRS24

LisaG
Reaction Score
I wish i could i could find the post game press conference by ODU and Delisha Milton Jones laughing about it saying they “technically only had 5 players on the floor. The other was out of bounds”
Here you go -

Reaction Score
Officials are human. We have the benefit of seeing things on constant replay and loop while they are called on to make instant judgement calls that are sometimes wrong.

That being said I agree with the idea everything should be reviewable. This type of mistake potentially cost Troy the game and a spot in the NCAA tournament. Of course there is no way to know for sure but it's better to not take the chance away from the players. The fact not one of 3 officials noticed this makes me wonder if they were as focused on the game as they should have been.

Also what Coach Milton-Jones said was tacky. If I were the AD I would be having a serious discussion about that.

Reaction Score
I remember a Stanford men’s game about 20 years ago where they were passing the ball and no one could get open for a shot. After about 12 seconds the refs counted the players on defense and called a technical. 6 players on defense.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom