Sun Beat NY 69-63 | The Boneyard

Sun Beat NY 69-63

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
WNBA - Link

Important win for the Sun. They play so well at home in comparison to on the road. This locks up home court advantage for the 1st round.

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
I was able to catch the last quarter and it was a very big win for the Sun in every respect. It gives them home court for the first round and the Sun players made big plays down the stretch to seal the win. Former Huskies made huge plays down the stretch. Kalana and Renee each made 3s to turn a 5-point deficit into a 1-point lead. After NY scored, Asjha made an old-fashioned 3-point play. After Tan White stole the ball from Pondexter's, Renee made two FTs. And Kalana made a huge block on the next possession.

BTW, Tina's 18 points and 11 rebounds set a new WNBA record 0f 23 double-doubles in a season.

I think (hope) the Sun grew up a little bit today.

If Atlanta wins, the Sun will host the Dream. If Indiana wins, the Sun will host NY. Indiana is 0-3 against the Dream this year and finally winning a game will guarantee a first-round match-up.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
nice win. tina and asjha both double doubles. IMHO when a player sets a record like Tina has done, she ought to be the MVP. i think even if she didn't set the record, she'd be the leading candidate, but i hope she wins it.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Tina! Whether she wins the MVP this year or not, she clearly has put her game in the upper echelon worldwide. Way to go!!

ThisJustIn

Queen of Queens
Reaction Score
GREAT fourth quarter of basketball from both sides... Tan just ripped the ball out of Cappie's hands -- nice revenge for Cappie breakin' her ankles a couple of times...

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
nice win. tina and asjha both double doubles. IMHO when a player sets a record like Tina has done, she ought to be the MVP. i think even if she didn't set the record, she'd be the leading candidate, but i hope she wins it.

+1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ahserve34