OT: - Sun 102 Wings 72 | The Boneyard

OT: Sun 102 Wings 72

Reaction Score
Lots of good news for the team here--second best record in the WNBA and a bye to a home game semifinal in the WNBA tournament.

Morgan Tuck put up 17, +/- +13.

Ogunbawale put up 32, +/- -31 Not a ROY performance. 10/21 from the floor, lost the ball three times to the shot clock: two 24-second violations, once too slow bring the ball over center court.

Reaction Score
Lots of good news for the team here--second best record in the WNBA and a bye to a home game semifinal in the WNBA tournament.

Ogunbawale put up 32, +/- -31 Not a ROY performance. 10/21 from the floor, lost the ball three times to the shot clock: two 24-second violations, once too slow bring the ball over center court.

I cannot believe people can criticize AO's performance in this game. The +/- stat is a stupid stat.

bballnut90

LV Adherent. Topic Crafter
Reaction Score

You forgot to include that she missed a free throw.

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
The criticism made sense early in the year when she had a 2-23 performance. It doesn't anymore. She's been scoring 30+ regularly and doing it on decent FG shooting. She had 6 assists tonight. Dallas just isn't very good, they don't have enough talent to beat the better teams in the league. No one player can elevate a team all by themself. Seattle finished below .500 Stewie's first and second year in the league, right? I get it, she's from hated Notre Dame, her on court antics can make it hard to root for her, and people are getting ready to bemoan how unfair it is when she wins ROY and Collier doesn't. But it just gets silly at some point to try to downgrade what she's been doing down the stretch during her rookie season.

Reaction Score

...and a Partridge in a pear tree!

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
How is Arike OT at all? She's the biggest buzz on the BY this summer.

Arike will have many winning moments in her career but more to the point about the OT, :confused::confused::confused: Tuck had a great game and is having a ball. :D

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
The criticism made sense early in the year when she had a 2-23 performance. It doesn't anymore. She's been scoring 30+ regularly and doing it on decent FG shooting. She had 6 assists tonight. Dallas just isn't very good, they don't have enough talent to beat the better teams in the league. No one player can elevate a team all by themself. Seattle finished below .500 Stewie's first and second year in the league, right? I get it, she's from hated Notre Dame, her on court antics can make it hard to root for her, and people are getting ready to bemoan how unfair it is when she wins ROY and Collier doesn't. But it just gets silly at some point to try to downgrade what she's been doing down the stretch during her rookie season.

The Wings are one of my favorite teams. Unfortunately they are horrible for the 3rd year in a row. Expect some personnel changes in the off season. Brian Agler was brought in to turn things around. It didn’t happen this year. I expect to see then reach the .500+ plateau next year.

Last edited:

Dillon77

WBB Enthusiast; ND Alum, Fan
Reaction Score
The Wings are one of my favorite teams. Unfortunately they are horrible for the 3rd year in a row. Expect some personnel changes in the off season. Brian Agler was brought in to turn things around. It didn’t happen this year. I expect to see then reach the .500+ plateau next year.

I guess there's a subjective element to "horrible" and "mediocre" (particularly if the college team you root for has the final four as a baseline). The Wings, even though they were somewhat under .500 did manage to make the first round of the WNBA playoffs. With Diggins-Smith, Liz Cambage, Allisha Grey, Kaela Davis, there was some hope that personnel could push forward. Then the front office and coach declared war on each other and boom!

But, I agree, once Cambage got shipped out and the Wings had one active component of that trade playing for them (Izzy Harrison), minus MoJeff and Skylar Diggins-Smith, horrible was the operative word.

Next year should be better: hopefully, Diggins-Smith and MoJeff will be back and ready to roll. Grey and Davis are still there, with Arike O., Kristine Anigwe and Megan Gustafson back from hopefully improving while overseas. And the Wings have two choices each in the first and second rounds of the 2020 draft; perhaps gaining some much needed front-court help. That said, I agree with you: expect some personnel changes now that Agler has had a season to see what he'd got (and does not).

Agler does have a solid track record: I'll judge the results more in 2020. Stay tuned.

Last edited:

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
I guess there's a subjective element to "horrible" and "mediocre" (particularly if the college team you root for has the final four as a baseline). The Wings, even though they were somewhat under .500 did manage to make the first round of the WNBA playoffs. With Diggins-Smith, Liz Cambage, Allisha Grey, Kaela Davis, there was some hope that personnel could push forward. Then the front office and coach declared war on each other and boom!

But, I agree, once Cambage got shipped out and the Wings had one active component of that trade playing for them (Izzy Harrison), minus MoJeff and Skylar Diggins-Smith, horrible was the operative word.

Next year should be better: hopefully, Diggins-Smith and MoJeff will be back and ready to roll. Grey and Davis are still there, with Arike O., Kristine Anigwe and Megan Gustafson back from hopefully improving while overseas. And the Wings have two choices each in the first and second rounds of the 2020 draft; perhaps gaining some much needed front-court help. That said, I agree with you: expect some personnel changes not that Agler has had a season to see what he'd got (and does not).

Agler does have a solid track record: I'll judge the results more in 2020. Stay tuned.

Fingers crossed. They play hard, but can’t stop anybody. They desperately need a rim protector. I like Izzy Harrison and McGee-Stafford but they are not effective. Ok for spot backup duty, but not starters. I really like Gray, Johnson and Thornton. I like McCarty-Williams too, but I think she gets cut when Jefferson and Diggins return.

Last edited:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom