Summary of the Situation | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Summary of the Situation

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
For what it's worth, Nevada would probably have beaten Uconn 3 of the past 4 years. Back off my home town wolf pack! ;)

i have been one of the few that has been a unr supporter here. most here are to spoiled with how we started and refuse to examine the overall landscape of cf and where its going. unr is on the rise just like uconn is. they just dont have the bball history we do so out here ppl don't know any better.

i still think the pac would be stupid not to add teams soon as the b12 could really damage them forever.

unr/bsu/sdsu/unlv/hawaii/byu give the pac16/18 all they need and they are a good top 4 conf. on a map they are the most together and time zone wise it makes sense. hawaii also helps the pac get to china and several other small things.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
i have been one of the few that has been a unr supporter here. most here are to spoiled with how we started and refuse to examine the overall landscape of cf and where its going. unr is on the rise just like uconn is. they just dont have the bball history we do so out here ppl don't know any better.

i still think the pac would be stupid not to add teams soon as the b12 could really damage them forever.

unr/bsu/sdsu/unlv/hawaii/byu give the pac16/18 all they need and they are a good top 4 conf. on a map they are the most together and time zone wise it makes sense. hawaii also helps the pac get to china and several other small things.

I can tell you from my time @ Kansas that while it is "midwestern" in KC, and is close in mindset to Missouri, Iowa and Nebraska, the southern and western parts of the state are more "southwest" oriented. Texas and Oklahoma already are. Losing Colorado hurt, because logically, the Big XII should re-form as the new SouthWest conference, and add BYU, Nevada New Mexico and maybe Colorado State. They may regret adding the yokels from WVU.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
I agree with Pudge that cartel that we have (heavily assisted by ESPN) will start seeing stress fractures as some point and I would not be surprised to see the initial crack to be the B-12 publicly complaining (exposing ESPN) that they were told there were no financial incentives in pursuing valuable properties (FSU, possibly Clemson and/or Va Tech) yet there would be if they looked at Rutgers, Cincinnati, USF, UConn or Louisville.

Assisting a conference here or there in grabbing assets from another is one thing. Playing puppetmaster, telling members of the cartel where they can and cannot go for assets and unfairly protecting one cartel member at the cost of others (by skewing the true value of potential assets) is an entirely different level of corruption.

RS9999X

There's no Dark Side .....it's all Dark.
Reaction Score
The question is where does the market evolve to? The pro sports model of 30 teams that are highly competitive in the largest markets? Will streaming lead to individual contracts for the 14 biggest teams that form a super conference separate from non-football contracts?

USC
UCLA
Stamford
Oregon
Texas
Florida
FSU
Ohio State
Michigan
Michigan State
Notre Dame
Texas AM
Oklahoma
Alabama

Two 10- team divisions and a Championship game. Take on the best of the rest during bowl seasons. Football is wagging the dog and the Top 25 programs are disruptive. get rid of them and put them in a seprate football conference for that one sport

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom