Suggestions for outdoor dining restaurants in Connecticut | The Boneyard

Suggestions for outdoor dining restaurants in Connecticut

Reaction Score
Looking to take the wife out for our 5th year anniversary this weekend and seeking some suggestions on where to go. Unfortunately seafood restaurants won’t be in the mix as my wife is allergic to seafood. We are pretty much open on going anywhere in the state but obviously something in the greater Hartford/New Haven area would be preferable.

Thanks in advance!

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
Looking to take the wife out for our 5th year anniversary this weekend and seeking some suggestions on where to go. Unfortunately seafood restaurants won’t be in the mix as my wife is allergic to seafood. We are pretty much open on going anywhere in the state but obviously something in the greater Hartford/New Haven area would be preferable.

Thanks in advance!
If you go to Urban Lodge Brewery in Manchester which is beautiful you can order delivery from a handful of downtown Manchester restaurants which are all fantastic and you can get anything from Mexican to pub food to Italian to Thai.

Reaction Score
If you go to Urban Lodge Brewery in Manchester which is beautiful you can order delivery from a handful of downtown Manchester restaurants which are all fantastic and you can get anything from Mexican to pub food to Italian to Thai.
Now there's a romantic for you. :)

Reaction Score

Thanks in advance!
Viron Rondo in Cheshire. Just off 691 on route 10. He has a great outside set up. I would call in advance for reservation. Very popular restaurant in Southington/Cheshire area. Take a look at the menu on line. Highly recommend.

SteelCT

Student of the Game
Reaction Score
We just went to the new Wood n Tap in Farmington, they just moved right on the Farmington river and have a great sunset. Plenty of outdoor seating. No reservations unfortunately.

SteelCT

Student of the Game
Reaction Score
The old Apricot's location?
I believe so...never went there before it was Wood n Tap tho. It was definitely a good move for them. It is so much bigger than the old spot. Plus all the tents they have set up outside. They did well for themselves in that move.

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
L’Orcio in New Haven. Outdoor terrace is an oasis. Food is tremendous. Service is great.

Union League in New Haven also has outdoor dining now. I haven‘t sat there yet, but I love their food.

"Dont forget your checkbook"

Reaction Score
Copper Beech Inn in Ivoryton (Essex) has outdoor seating in their garden. Great vibe, solid service, good food. I was just there this weekend.

Last edited:
Reaction Score

Thanks in advance!
Are you looking for something high end or something casual and fun? Because when I think of something for an anniversary I think of high end but from the looks of some of these posts not everyone does.

Reaction Score
High George (Blake hotel new haven) rooftop restaurant

Are all seafood restaurants a no go even if you can get something other than seafood

Reaction Score
L'Orcio in New Haven is great for ambiance and food. Goodfellas in New Haven has a nice rooftop patio and very good food. Stonebridge in Milford has pretty decent food, a huge patio and is right by the water. Have also heard good things about Rooftop 120 in Glastonbury and Cava in Southinton.

Reaction Score
L'Orcio in New Haven is great for ambiance and food. Goodfellas in New Haven has a nice rooftop patio and very good food. Stonebridge in Milford has pretty decent food, a huge patio and is right by the water. Have also heard good things about Rooftop 120 in Glastonbury and Cava in Southinton.
I would not describe Stonebridge as right by the water unless you are speaking of that small stream. By that token you can claim any restaurant on that strip in Milford is right by the water.

Reaction Score

Thanks in advance!
Take her to The Abbey in New Milford. My wife and I go there all the time. The food is off the charts good and the service is excellent. Their half pound burger is the best burger I have ever had in my life, and they'll cook it rare, medium rare, or well done, which many places won't do nowadays. Best fish & chips I've ever had also. Or just try one of their specials for the day.

Reaction Score

Thanks in advance!
My wife and I have been kinda of eating at the lake/beach or secluded park. We do take-out, and bring a cooler and chairs with a portable table. I have bluetooth speakers I travel with as well.

It works better for us than a restaurant (outdoor dining). We sit and admire the view, talk, walk and eat good food together. Plus I can relax with a nice stogie, while she explores the scenery with her usual stroll.

It something I used to do in my youth with a blanket, bottle of wine and food. It doesn't answer your question, but presents a related alternative. Remember though many parks are resident only, but being a fisherman I know some nice spots away from the maddening crowd.

Also food selection is limited (steaks, baked salmon, certain pastas, shellfish are off the menu) but if you're open to food not having to be piping hot there is a lot to choose from. This summer I'll be putting the portable grill in the truck for a change in outdoor dining.

Just saying, that's how we roll.

Reaction Score
Kind of a haul, but The White Horse Country Pub in Washington. One of the better restaurants in the state and they've added multiple patios that sit on a small scenic brook.

Fairfield_1st

Sitting on this Barstool talking like a damn fool
Reaction Score
Make a romantic setup at home and order takeout from some place you both love. Or take the takeout to a secluded romantic place.
I've done a lot of takeout. Just not quite ready to dine out yet, even if it is outside. I've heard a few stories of people with symptoms going out in public and infecting others, so my distrust of folks is evident.
Whatever you do, stay safe and enjoy. Happy anniversary.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
I've mentioned the Blue Oar (Haddam) in another thread. Not waitress service, more of a higher end fast-casual. BYOB, though!

Reaction Score
My wife and I have been kinda of eating at the lake/beach or secluded park. We do take-out, and bring a cooler and chairs with a portable table. I have bluetooth speakers I travel with as well
I'm with ya. We bring takeout to the Calf Pasture Beach, some beers and a blanket. Beaches after 5 PM on weekdays have been no problem with space and I love the vibe of that beach. In general, I don't like beaches in the prime time anyways, so this has been a nice once/twice a week thing for dinner.

My birthday is next week, and my wife is taking me out to GrayBarns in Norwalk, just a mile from our house. It'll be our first dining out experience since Valentine's Day and they'd expanded their seating onto the grounds of the hotel.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom