Suggest a Slogan, Cheer, Chant for 2018 Home Games | The Boneyard

Suggest a Slogan, Cheer, Chant for 2018 Home Games

Reaction Score
Copied from the UConn Faculty/Staff Daily Digest. Submissions are open to all and from my understanding the pins will be handed out for free at home games.

The University of Connecticut Football Team will host six home games during the 2018 season. The Spirit, Pride, and Traditions Program in the Department of Student Activities will be producing a limited edition spirit pin for each of our home games that will contain a slogan, cheer, or chant customized for that game's opponent.

You are invited to submit suggestions for pin slogans. One slogan will be selected to appear on the pin produced for each game and will be worn by Husky fans throughout the stadium. Slogans should be short (approx. 25 characters total), witty, creative, and prideful. Enter as many times as you like for any (or all) of the games!

If one of your slogans is selected to appear on a pin you will receive a Husky Spirit Pack.

Submissions should be received by Friday April 27, 2018.

Go Huskies!

Spirit Pin Slogan Submission | Spirit ~ Pride ~ Tradition!

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
The SMU pin better have a reference to Lashlee.

Reaction Score
what is Uconn's version of War Eagle or Roll Tide?
can we do some version of a hurt huskie paw or something? Or is that exclusive to Houston?

maybe we could just yell "mush you Huskies!"

Reaction Score
I have said it before, when the team has a good goal line stance, a qb sack, a tackle for a loss or the other team commits a penalty. It should be the crowd in unison.
YOUR IN THE DOG HOUSE! Of course repeated several times to drive in the nail. ;)

uconnbill

A Half full kind of guy
Reaction Score
Husky Growl or just kick them in the balls.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
I used to collect and save the pins for my kids. Now I actively leave the tailgate area when the cheerleaders come by with pins. They are useless. Crowd chants, cheers, and traditions need to develop organically. They can't be forced. I've been a UConn fan for close to 30 years and some of the cheers are like nails on a chalkboard. The only one I really like is the "U-C-O-N-N UConn, UConn, UConn" cheer, though I'm normally buzzed enough to take part in a "UConn Huskies, Huskies UConn **Woof**" one as well.

On the other hand, I do have one idea. The marching band could play Madonna's, "Holiday" and the freshmen should have to do the Husky dance that we were forced to learn during Husky WoW (Week of Welcome...Do they still do this during orientation?). I would probably enjoy all the middle-agers in the crowd mocking 18 year olds. It's a right of passage.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
The pins should use the school colors. After that, I don't really care what they say.

mikedog10

Tailgating Enthusiast
Reaction Score
I have said it before, when the team has a good goal line stance, a qb sack, a tackle for a loss or the other team commits a penalty. It should be the crowd in unison.
YOUR IN THE DOG HOUSE! Of course repeated several times to drive in the nail. ;)

How about whenever the defense has a team backed up deep in their own territory, the stadium steadily chants "DOG HOUSE" on repeat... it would be menacing and intimidating, then the stadium would erupt into cheers when we get a stop(or better). It would work on 3rd/4th & long situations as well, and is a lot more original than key-shaking.

Reaction Score
In game cheers and chants definitely need to evolve over time. The biggest thing is getting more people at games which makes the whole experience better for all involved. We know how to do that. Just win.

That said, I just wish that even half the crowd in attendance would do the UCONN cheer after a TD. That would sound great. It seems like 10-15% participate currently. This is the same at hockey games. Until we can do this cheer with better participation I won’t hold my breath hoping for other great cheers.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
It’s too bad Katz is gone - he could have just worn it.

Reaction Score
Football: at least it's not Men's Basketball!

UCPusky

"Knowledge is Good" - Emil Faber
Reaction Score
Here's a chant we can use at any game...

Bark Bark Bark
Woof Woof Woof
BCS to G5
Poof Poof Poof

/sarcasm

UCPusky

"Knowledge is Good" - Emil Faber
Reaction Score
Pasqualoni Diaco
They’re our guys
Randy Edsall?
Poke me in the eyes!

*sigh* I’m having a rough time with the program’s demise.

Reaction Score
Not original but how about the traditional 'D-fense' chant? They should have some type of animation or something on the jumbotron cuing it up.. Let's get the basics down first

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom