Sue on why UConn | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Sue on why UConn

Aluminny69

Old Timer
Reaction Score
I wouldn't say Seattle is a great place to live. It's always raining!

Reaction Score
You can get an excellent education from almost anywhere. It's what you put into it. I will say (having Gampel) season tickets that the coldest I've ever been is walking from the "X" lot up to Gampel...

Funny story, I think it was a Tenn game. It was nearly knee deep in snow. The wife and I get half way up the hill to Gampel and she says, "I can't make it", let's go back. Well she was either going to make it or lay in the snow until the game was over, She made it. Good for her...

Reaction Score
No, she did not say that she would rather go to Stanford. She said that she would rather live there today, that there's nothing going on in Storrs.
There use to be 1 store. When they opened a second one they had to change the name to "Storrs". Who said that? It was a coach. Doug? Harry? ??

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
There use to be 1 store. When they opened a second one they had to change the name to "Storrs". Who said that? It was a coach. Doug? Harry? ??
A6D14B78-3606-4CCF-B109-23ECCA43FA74.jpeg

Lou Holtz.

Last edited:

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
I wouldn't say Seattle is a great place to live. It's always raining!

Yep, it rains 365 days a year. Nobody should move there. Whatever you do, don't check average rainfall totals compared to other cities around the country.

Reaction Score
If you want the 4 seasons, pick UConn! Nothing beats the Fall in New England. Plus short driving distance to Boston, NYC, the ocean & beaches, and world class ski resorts. People are currently leaving California as fast as possible...for many reasons.

Reaction Score
I don't mind what Sue said at all! None of us want the UConn players to be robots. We admire how the program and all it entails pulls these women together as cohesive units even though they are from different backgrounds and parts of the country. It's refreshing to see different answers to those questions about coming to UConn. Rebecca Lobo answers those questions the way we all like to hear them. Even though Rebecca was hugely into academics too like Bird, she was on the 1st championship, she was the pioneer, she was the first big recruit. Bird was not.
One more thing IMO: some people are just stars, the best there is in their chosen endeavors, no matter what. (maybe Paige- good bet) Bird might have been such a person, so UConn may not have had the impact on her that it has on some other players. She goes to Stanford or Vandy, maybe the same result, point guard of the year, player of the year, AA, NCs (?).

Reaction Score
First, follow your heart is never bad advise. The heart is a congruence between the brain, emotion and spirit. Also, her example of accomplishments and attitude is a testament to UCONN. She doesn't need to say more. Neither do I.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom