Sue makes it official: Her Final Year [merged threads] | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Sue makes it official: Her Final Year [merged threads]

Reaction Score
I hope they do a documentary or such of her last season, or of her career. That would be awesome.

Reaction Score
I'm going to snag a ticket for the Storm's 7/28 game against the Sun at Mohegan Sun Arena.
Good excuse to book a hotel room and have an overnight. I've never been to a WNBA game and this seems like a great time to go to one.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
I hope they do a documentary or such of her last season, or of her career. That would be awesome.
Not a documentary, but here is the WNBA‘s post recognizing her retirement statement:

For those of us who have been fans throughout her entire career, there are a lot of familiar pictures.

Reaction Score
Not a documentary, but here is the WNBA‘s post recognizing her retirement statement:

For those of us who have been fans throughout her entire career, there are a lot of familiar pictures.

Looks like team will be without Mercedes at least 2 weeks, probably more. ESPN said recurring headaches, to be evaluated by team doctors.

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
The Seattle paper paints Sue as the apotheosis of a champion:

"Start building the statue now. Scope out a spot in the rafters for the retired jersey No. 10. Reserve a prime location on Seattle’s mythical Mount Rushmore.

Those are the ceremonial trappings of Sue Bird’s magnificent career that can now be set into motion as she begins her valedictory tour of the WNBA. Her statistical body of work, the astonishing catalog of championships she’s accrued at every level of basketball, including four here in Seattle with the Storm — those are the tangible artifacts of Bird’s legacy.

But when Bird on Thursday announced she will retire at the end of this season, it was the emotional wallop the news packed that hints at the void she will leave. After 21 years, it will simply be hard to fathom that Bird will no longer be leading the Storm up the court, as she has done with such distinction through two decades and counting. Or I should say, counting down."

The beginning of a very good article about Sue's swan song.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
For those in the DMV, the Storm play at the Mystics on July 30 and July 31. I hope to be there. I suspect a certain sharpshooter from Arlington will be there.

Reaction Score
I hope Sue goes into commentary. Weather it’d be college or professional games.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
I was cool that she made the announcement before playing her next game in Connecticut.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom