Sue Herbst to amp up efforts to woo B1G money donors | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Sue Herbst to amp up efforts to woo B1G money donors

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Not missing out on partying like it's 1999, "UCONN alumnus Ray Neag made a strategic investment with a $21 million donation – the catalyst in the school's transformation to a nationally ranked school of education." After Neag's 1996 donation of $1.6 million, the UCONN 2000 program added an additional $3.4 million complement to Neag's $21 million in 1999. My math's not so good, but $26 million's nothing to sneeze at ...

Neag's "...gift, at the time (1999) was both the largest any school of education in the country had ever received and the largest gift to a public university in New England. His substantial investment was the catalyst in the School's transformation from respectable to renowned."

Home of the country's #1 doctoral kinesiology program, 2 core programs – elementary education and special education– ranked among the nation's top 20, the East coast's top-ranked public school of education, etc. UCONN is a school on the move. Of course, building the right relationships and asking the right way might unearth more Neags, GE/GE Capitals, Aetnas, CIGNAs, etc.

Enter Josh Newton, UConn Foundation’s new president ...

Reaction Score
The state of Connecticut just agreed to donate about $1,500,000,000.

So you win.

Although do be magnanimous and acknowledge that their donation was really a sweet little story.
We're all Uconn...

Reaction Score
Not missing out on partying like it's 1999, "UCONN alumnus Ray Neag made a strategic investment with a $21 million donation – the catalyst in the school's transformation to a nationally ranked school of education." After Neag's 1996 donation of $1.6 million, the UCONN 2000 program added an additional $3.4 million complement to Neag's $21 million in 1999. My math's not so good, but $26 million's nothing to sneeze at ...

Neag's "...gift, at the time (1999) was both the largest any school of education in the country had ever received and the largest gift to a public university in New England. His substantial investment was the catalyst in the School's transformation from respectable to renowned."

Home of the country's #1 doctoral kinesiology program, 2 core programs – elementary education and special education– ranked among the nation's top 20, the East coast's top-ranked public school of education, etc. UCONN is a school on the move. Of course, building the right relationships and asking the right way might unearth more Neags, GE/GE Capitals, Aetnas, CIGNAs, etc.

Enter Josh Newton, UConn Foundation’s new president ...

Thanks, This Neag contribution sounds like an excellent comparable. I would brag about the kinesiology doctoral ranking if I knew what F kinesiology was without first looking it up in the dictionary.

Reaction Score
So we going to the ACC or B1G?

We are going into a new Conference... the NESCAC...(we should start from the bottom!! If we can't get a coach to get the FB program back to winning...lets go D3 and start doing lacrosse.

Reaction Score
Have we not learned our lesson from Louisville? One can be the top public research university with the smartest students, but still be left in the AAC. It makes no difference. TV sets make a difference. A smart AD makes a difference. Money to a TV network makes a difference. What conference is Emory in? This is a bunch of bull.

Buddy:

Emory is a southern version of Harvard and Yale. Emory is not going to sell their soul to go big time in athletics, so they use their $$$ to become a southern Ivy school. You are a Troll or you are stupid...

UConn is short for the University of Connecticut.

Unfortunately, that implies there is a university attached to our sports program and that's kinda why they're trying to raise the endowment.

You're a blithering moron.

Oh, and a troll...

Fishy: Agreed...

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
Thanks, This Neag contribution sounds like an excellent comparable. I would brag about the kinesiology doctoral ranking if I knew what F kinesiology was without first looking it up in the dictionary.
I imagine that your braggard BC pals won't need a dictionary to figure it out.

Reaction Score
$21 million. Forgot about that. I agree, you argue with the friend and let him know belong fit in the ACC! I don't find BC people saying they don't want us in the ACC.

The ACC definitely has better football recruiting than the B1G. Hard to believe how much things have changed. Adding Pitt and Syracuse adds old championships to the conference's overall count. Syracuse is recruiting much, much, much better in the ACC now. Two 4-star QB recruits in the same class. I am convinced the ACC is a better option than the B1G now even though we fit in better with the B1G.

http://www.uconn.edu/donors.php

We are aiming VERY high. I cannot see how we'll be left behind in the future of BCS football. (Committee of 13 football, soon.)
SU has had 4 or 5 decommits in the last month and on rivals are still ranked in the 60s!One of their QB commits is a 5"11" athlete/QB(AJ Long) who goes from UR/2*/3* and only one outfit gives him 4 as an ath..and Alin Edouart has his Miami scholly pulled before falling back on SU after most majors already got there QBs as early commits?As an RU fan I follow SU's recruiting and they reach into the midwest for B1G leftovers cause they have problems recruiting in the NE and take Fla/Ga HS leftovers with few options?If you check their boards you'll find them complaining about RU/BC and PSU getting all the best recruits in the NE still ? I will say though I like Edouart who might be a saviour for them as a dual threat type guy!Your post is the 1st I've seen anyone impressed with SU recruiting at the rock bottom with WF of the ACC @ I read on an recruiting site last night Temple has a much better recruiting class than SU so even AAC schools who are staying and not traditional FB brands are trumping SU in the recruiting wars.

Last edited:

UConn Dan

Not HuskyFanDan; I lurk & I like
Reaction Score
Not really sure where this goes, but the school just announced another $10M from UTC to establish a new systems engineering program and hire about 7 more staff to the Engineering department. Just keep plugging...

http://www.courant.com/business/hc-utc-uconn-engineering-institute-1119-20131118,0,1381886.story
B1G company...like to be associated with the PAC as well.

With other similar partnerships at research universities like Penn State, Berkley, and the University of Maryland, UTC is cementing a major initiative in Connecticut, where a large amount of the company's research and product development occurs. The program will serve as a pipeline for the company's workforce, McQuade said.

Reaction Score
Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104