Sue Bird's Olympic Diary | The Boneyard

Sue Bird's Olympic Diary

Status
Not open for further replies.

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
Sue wrote about her Olympic experience for the Seattle Times. Below is a link to her last entry which includes a funny story about the French players' tatoos. The French may not wear cheap perfume but the same can not be said about their temporary tatoo ink.

http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/html/olympics/2018926244_olympicdiary16.html

[T]here is only one thing I will remember from that final game when I reflect back on it years from now.

Tattoos.

The temporary kind. You see, the French players had all sorts of temporary tattoos that night. Their flag, the Olympic rings, and even names of people. I'm not sure what kind of ink they use in France but these ones were the pits! Within one minute of the ball being tipped, our team was covered in their tattoos. I had two flags on my jersey, Lindsay Whalen got some rings on her forearm and Diana Taurasi had a flag smudged onto her nose (insert big nose joke here!). Poor Maya Moore had to change her shorts at halftime because she got an unfriendly smudge in an unfriendly area, if ya know what I mean. Luckily for Dee, the ink came off skin rather easily with some soap and water, but those of us who got hit on our white jerseys will have a lifelong memory of the French!

pinotbear

Silly Ol' Bear
Reaction Score
..sounds like they rubbed the US team the wrong way..:rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads