Sue Bird May Have Surgery to Repair Torn Labrum(s) | The Boneyard

Sue Bird May Have Surgery to Repair Torn Labrum(s)

Status
Not open for further replies.

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
Sue has a partial tear of the labrum in her left hip and is awaiting test results on whether there is also a tear of the labrum in her right hip. Ouch. The injuries are from wear and tear and thus not the same type of injury suffered by Lauren Jackson earlier in the summer. LJ suffered an acute tear of the labrum in one of her hips. Sue became aware of the problem late last year. The choices are rest (which really won't heal the injury) or surgery with a 2-3 month recovery period. Either way, she won't be in Europe with Team USA. With her overseas commitment not starting until January and the Olympics next summer, it sounds like she's leaning towards surgery.

http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/html/womenshoopsblog/

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
boy i'll say. i hope she goes for the surgery now so she can be fully ready for the Olympics...
I want to see Sue play in London--literally, in person. She is a key player for the U.S team.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
I want to see Sue play in London--literally, in person. She is a key player for the U.S team.
i hear ya. they said 2-3 months of rehab, then probably another month or 3 before she's back to 100%. she might miss the tryouts if she has the surgery now. but the Olympics are only 9 months away or so. she needs to decide like... now!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom