Sue Bird Has Hip Surgery...Again | The Boneyard

Sue Bird Has Hip Surgery...Again

Status
Not open for further replies.

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
this time to repair the torn labrum in her left hip. Sue had the same surgery on her right hip in September 2011. I recall reading last year that the expectation was that Sue would require surgeries on both hips. BTW, after her surgery last year Sue rehabbed in Storrs. I wonder if she'll do the same thing this time.

http://www.wnba.com/storm/news/bird121005.html

"We're excited as an organization that Sue came through her surgery successfully," said Storm Head Coach and General Manager Brian Agler. "Dr. Philippon said she must have been very courageous to have played through the injury. He is very optimistic the surgery went well. We look forward to seeing Sue at full health next season.

"It's really pretty much the same," Bird said, "which is good because I know what to expect, I know how to get through it and the best part is I know it will be successful. I'm very excited to put the hip stuff in the past because I've been dealing with it for a long time and the last month was tough."

U

UCONNfan1

Boy she played incredible in the Olympics, all season for the WNBA, and in the playoffs given that she had a gimpy hip. Gotta really respect her dedication and courage.

pap49cba

The Supreme Linkster
Reaction Score
Best wishes to Sue. She is a warrior.

Biff

Mega Monster Moderator
Reaction Score
A quick recovery to you Sue!

Am I the only warped old person that whenever they hear the word "labrum", "niatpac levram" pops into their head? (hint...old movie reference)

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
A quick recovery to you Sue!

Am I the only warped old person that whenever they hear the word "labrum", "niatpac levram" pops into their head? (hint...old movie reference)
No, Cap, you aren't.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Every time I read, "Sue's hip," I think, "Yep, she really is."

Reaction Score
This was expected. I wonder if Sue will be rehabbing in Storrs again?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Newbie32

Top Bottom