Sue Bird Comes Back Home | The Boneyard

Sue Bird Comes Back Home

Bigboote

That's big-boo-TAY
Reaction Score
You forgot my favorite. Monarch butterflies to Central Mexico. Beautiful beyond description.

I'm not sure for how long. :cry:

We were members of a CSA (community-supported agriculture) farm some time ago. The farmer pointed out a field of milkweed and showed us what to look for to find monarch eggs. We found quite a few and raised them to adulthood. Did this for a couple of years and planted milkweed in our back yard. (We're not very popular among our neighbors in suburbia.) We've had a good milkweed crop for probably 10-12 years. Nary a monarch caterpillar or egg till last summer. Plus one of the trails I run along has a lot of milkweed, and I haven't seen a caterpillar among those plants for a decade. I'm really sad about that, as I think they're such amazing animals.

The habitat in Monterrey where they overwinter is rapidly vanishing. The drought in Texas a few years ago killed somewhere between 10 and 30 per cent of the migrating population in one year. I could go on and on about the things that are devastating them (actually, I guess I have). . .

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
Link---

So great to see. No darn you Danny, I just, there's something in my eye.
I'm not sure for how long. :cry:

We were members of a CSA (community-supported agriculture) farm some time ago. The farmer pointed out a field of milkweed and showed us what to look for to find monarch eggs. We found quite a few and raised them to adulthood. Did this for a couple of years and planted milkweed in our back yard. (We're not very popular among our neighbors in suburbia.) We've had a good milkweed crop for probably 10-12 years. Nary a monarch caterpillar or egg till last summer. Plus one of the trails I run along has a lot of milkweed, and I haven't seen a caterpillar among those plants for a decade. I'm really sad about that, as I think they're such amazing animals.

The habitat in Monterrey where they overwinter is rapidly vanishing. The drought in Texas a few years ago killed somewhere between 10 and 30 per cent of the migrating population in one year. I could go on and on about the things that are devastating them (actually, I guess I have). . .
I "like" that you've stated this and brought this to the awareness of others and I. I can't like that this is happening to one of natures most beautiful creations.

Last edited:

BigBird

Et In Hoc Signo Vinces
Reaction Score
What a nice bit of video production. And then there’s Birdie. How can an honest person not like her as a person and respect her amazing career as an athlete. She is just special.

Reaction Score
So many unforgettable moments, SB vs ND, SB vs TN, SB FF, SB NCAA championships, SB WNBA championships!!!! UConn, Seattle Storm, USWNT, US Olympics teams!!! Stuffs of legend!!! Thank you dannykuconn!!!!

Bama fan

" As long as you lend a hand"
Reaction Score
You forgot my favorite. Monarch butterflies to Central Mexico. Beautiful beyond description.
I think he was sticking to avian examples, but the butterflies are special.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom