Sue and Diana Show | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Sue and Diana Show

Reaction Score
I thoroughly enjoyed their show. Funny, good guests. Their comraderie shined all night.
I loved it. I was under the impression that they were gonna try to be objective but going into the half Sue said "up by 1 let's cross our fingers it stays that way". Then I knew, they are gonna root for them on the air. And they sure did

Reaction Score
If there's booze involved, definitely not. If there's no booze, then probably not. :p

I would assume ESPN has them on a few-second delay for bleeps.
It didn't seem like they caught McCoughtry when she swore while she was a guest during the Louisville game. I didn't really catch anything that seemed off-colour overall.
I liked the show and their guests. I watched it in its entirety during the first semi-final game. I went back to ESPN for the UConn game. Well done Sue and D!
That's too bad. They were great during the UConn-Stanford game. Breanna Stewart was one of their guests. Kelsey Plum was great too.
Oh most definitely. Plum's reaction after taking a sip and DT saying that "she's been blessed with the solo cup" had me howling.

Reaction Score
ESPNU, the same time as the game (930PM). No idea how much of the game itself they'll be showing there.
The game played the entire time ( both games, actually). But I was hoping for Diana and Sue to talk about the game, and how their experiences related to it. Instead, they were off on other topics ( probably not to compete with the broadcasting crew on ESPN). Frankly, everyone tuning in wanted to watch the game. Not hear a discussion about pay inequality ( men v women at pro level ) or any other normally interesting topic. So I couldn't watch it more than 30 seconds.

Reaction Score
Tremendous watch. Saw late night on demand via ESPN+. Praiseworthy & big confidence booster for UConn players Christyn & Evina re: their value & proper draft stock.

Concur with them that CW will actually be better in W than college given how game differs in pros.

Bama fan

" As long as you lend a hand"
Reaction Score
the Sue Bird/Diana Taurasi broadcast has been even better than the ManningCast was all season
Damned with faint praise!

Bama fan

" As long as you lend a hand"
Reaction Score
The game played the entire time ( both games, actually). But I was hoping for Diana and Sue to talk about the game, and how their experiences related to it. Instead, they were off on other topics ( probably not to compete with the broadcasting crew on ESPN). Frankly, everyone tuning in wanted to watch the game. Not hear a discussion about pay inequality ( men v women at pro level ) or any other normally interesting topic. So I couldn't watch it more than 30 seconds.
For those who wanted a straight up game broadcast, they had the option as you said. Some others may have wanted to be distracted a bit . Everyone wins this way!

Reaction Score
Please delete me from your "everyone" list, as well as any "nobody" or any other definitive lists you keep. Thank you!

BrysonDeMan

Hits Bombs
Reaction Score
For those who wanted a straight up game broadcast, they had the option as you said. Some others may have wanted to be distracted a bit . Everyone wins this way!
i wish they just had a channel with crowd noise but no announcers
i can figure out what is happening on my own

Reaction Score
If you want to watch the game, then you wont want to watch the Sue and Diana show. They really dont talk much about the game but its super entertaining. I watched them instead of the 7:00 game but I wanted to watch the Huskies without their interference. Both shows were on and you could chose if you wanted the real broadcast or the S&D show. I got them both on ESPN.

Reaction Score
I thoroughly enjoyed their show. Made me less anxious with their laid-back approach. I can always find the 'serious broadcast' replay later.
I kept them on for the entire UConn game. I get so anxious watching, and being able to listen to them definitely kept the stress down...until about 2 minutes to go when I had to mute and turn the screen at a 90 degree angle (can’t see game but can peek at score).

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
Watching and commenting on basketball. I am sure we are safe.
Not really. Of course half the time they are speaking in code. The target demographic loves it I'm sure. Two of my favorite people, but not when they are together with their buddy ... booze.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Not really. Of course half the time they are speaking in code. The target demographic loves it I'm sure. Two of my favorite people, but not when they are together with their buddy ... booze.
Got to admit, I thought they would dive into the details of the game.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Sue, Diana and Geno weigh in on comparing Paige to Diana

I like Diana pointing out the heart Paige had in the NCSt game since she was struggling through much of the game until 4th Q

Reaction Score
If you want to watch the game, then you wont want to watch the Sue and Diana show. They really dont talk much about the game but its super entertaining. I watched them instead of the 7:00 game but I wanted to watch the Huskies without their interference. Both shows were on and you could chose if you wanted the real broadcast or the S&D show. I got them both on ESPN.
We have 2 televisions and DVRs. On one we recorded the “real” broadcast, the other with Sue and Diana. The best of both worlds. I don’t watch the game live, my blood pressure goes up too much.

Reaction Score
Apparently they threw a lot of digs at a lot of targets, including their former coach. Geno was asked about their show at a tournament presser, and was asked if he recorded it and would watch it later. Never one to pass up an opportunity to give it back in kind, Geno said, with a smirk, no, he was not recording it, and there was less than zero of a chance he would watch it. Then something like "I don't pay attention to ANYTHING these guys say."

psconn

Proud Connecticut WBB Fan
Reaction Score
ESPNU is replaying the show right now (1:30-3:30). Sorry for the late notice.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
macklin

Top Bottom