Sue and Diana are the greatest teammates in the history of sports | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Sue and Diana are the greatest teammates in the history of sports

Reaction Score
Interesting that Sue has never won a WNBA MVP… and yet she may be the “career” MVP of the league.
When you play with 2 of what will be considered the best ever, Laureen Jackson, and Stewie it's hard. The only Gold Sue, and Dee didn't win was 2006, world championship, which Australia won.

Reaction Score
Interesting thought--better than Ruth and Gehrig? . . .
Ruth and Gehrig were terrific ballplayers and team mates, but my understanding is that
they were never friends. Hard to imagine how they could have been with such disparate
life styles. Boy scout Gehrig and beer, brats, and bimbos Ruth. I suspect too, a little
jealousy on Ruth's part.

Last edited:

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
UConnWbb Twitter account is on fire.

Hard to argue their overall success. No matter how big a troll you may be, they’ve won at every level. You can’t argue
that.

Carnac

Reaction Score
Diana did mention Paris at the end of their interview. We shall see if they return in 3 years. Doubtful, but not impossible.
Sue said point blank that these were her final Olympic Games. Yes, Dee did say “see you in Paris”, but I think she was just being cutesie and facetious.

Taurasi turned 39 in June. That would make her 42 during the games in 2024. While it’s not out of the realm of possibility, I think it’s highly unlikely. Over the next 3 years, she has to maintain her current level of desire and ability.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Ruth and Gehrig were terrific ballplayers and team mates, but my understanding is that
they were never friends. Hard to imagine how they could have been with such disparate
life styles. Boy scout Gehrig and beer, brats, and bimbos Ruth. I suspect too, a little
jealousy on Ruth's part.
The year Ruth hit 60 home runs, Gehrig hit 47 and batting behind Ruth led the league in rbi with 175. Between doubles, triples, and home runs Lou had over 100 that year. The actual totals 52 doubles, 18 triples, and 47 home runs, 117 extra base hits, not a bad year.

Reaction Score
Greatest Olympic teammates yes.

But greatest teammates? I have a hard time with that for 2 players who spent more than half of their pro careers on different teams.
And the pro time when they were on the same team was mostly for a Russian team very few people saw.

Golden Husky

The Midas Touch
Reaction Score
Sue and Dee deserve to be carrying the Olympic torch on the final lap--along with Allyson Felix, Maggie Steffens, Carl Lewis, Simone Biles and Katie Ledecky (if they're not still competing)--before Michael Phelps lights the cauldron at the '28 Games in LA.

Golden Husky

The Midas Touch
Reaction Score
The year Ruth hit 60 home runs, Gehrig hit 47 and batting behind Ruth led the league in rbi with 175. Between doubles, triples, and home runs Lou had over 100 that year. The actual totals 52 doubles, 18 triples, and 47 home runs, 117 extra base hits, not a bad year.
Good year for my father, too. He was a 16-year-old kid selling peanuts at Yankee Stadium that summer.

Reaction Score
Any “greatest Duo” debate must include Wilt Chamberlin and Ed Conlin who, on March 2, 1962, combined for 100 points against the NY Knicks.
Talk about pouring water on the campfire. Don5 forget Amos and Andy

Carnac

Reaction Score
Lost in all of the hoopla of Dee and Sue winning their 5th gold medal. Dawn Staley echoed Sue Bird’s sentiments. She announced that these will be her last Olympic Games as head coach. She’s out also.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom