Such a loss | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Such a loss

Status
Not open for further replies.

UConnNick

from Vince Lombardi's home town
Reaction Score
Which leads me to the following thought (I'm sure millions have though about this before):

Why don't college administrators save themselves from this pain and create conferences for football separate from everything else. Leave basketball alone and go back to the regional conferences for athletics to make it more enjoyable for all the fans. Its hard to travel if you are Creighton and come to NYC for a two hour game. Why would you? But if your team was only a two hour drive you would likely do it. Why doesn't anyone do this?

Destroying such a great sport for football is nonsense. this hurts

That's likely coming, sooner rather than later. The P5 conferences will split from the rest of the NCAA membership and form their own sub category association under the NCAA flag, or they'll just bolt altogether from the NCAA and form their own independent association. Either way, they'll end up keeping a larger piece of the football pie for themselves, consolidating their recruiting advantages over everybody else, and if you don't have a seat at their table, you might as well be James Madison. They'll also pay the players in the revenue-producing sports. The so-called "student-athlete" amateurism model will finally die its official death, since it's already non-existent anyway.

I agree with you that it's sad to see it come to this, but television dollars have corrupted all sports in various ways, and this is just one more example of it. Everybody is chasing the almighty benjamins. Nobody cares anymore about having to send their women's volleyball team 2,000 miles or more cross country to play conference games. So what if they miss a week and a half of classes?

I'm also a huge Stony Brook fan. Hopefully Steve will get it done this season!

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
I heard the PC fan desire was so overwhelming to get to the Garden that the school has to charter a Prius.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc
Top Bottom