Success, Jealousy, and Envy | The Boneyard

Success, Jealousy, and Envy

Orangutan

South Bend Simian
Reaction Score
He's absolutely right. I'm incredibly envious of UConn and the Patriots' success. As a ND and Bills fan, I am consistently tormented by those two teams. We are now on 16 or 17 years of the Bills getting slapped around by Brady. Won't he age already! At least the specific people beating you change when it's UConn!

I have no dog in the fight in college football (I root for Notre Dame and Penn State but don't live and die with either program) so I don't mind and actually enjoy Alabama's dominance.

Reaction Score
Warriors? just a fly-by-night franchise with 2 stinkin' championships and the stupidity to have left beautiful Philadelphia for the crappy Bay Area.

Seriously, back in the early 60s Red Smith wrote a piece in the Times on Yankee-envy making that point: hate the Yankees and you are hating excellence. I hate the Yankees anyway.....

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
haters.jpg

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
He's absolutely right. I'm incredibly envious of UConn and the Patriots' success. As a ND and Bills fan, I am consistently tormented by those two teams. We are now on 16 or 17 years of the Bills getting slapped around by Brady. Won't he age already! At least the specific people beating you change when it's UConn!

I have no dog in the fight in college football (I root for Notre Dame and Penn State but don't live and die with either program) so I don't mind and actually enjoy Alabama's dominance.
Notre Dame WBB, Notre Dame FB, Alabama FB, Penn State FB and the Bills???

shake-my-head-gif.gif

Orangutan

South Bend Simian
Reaction Score
Notre Dame WBB, Notre Dame FB, Alabama FB, Penn State FB and the Bills???

Problem being? I don't actually claim Alabama, but yes those are some of my teams. Given your avatar I won't remind you what football club I support...

DefenseBB

Snark is always appreciated!
Reaction Score

Buffalo? Ouch...my condolences...:oops:

ctfjr

Life is short, ride hard
Reaction Score

A Bill's fan? I knew I'd find one :)

upload_2018-1-23_12-19-7.png

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
Problem being? I don't actually claim Alabama, but yes those are some of my teams. Given your avatar I won't remind you what football club I support...
OMG, it gets worse? :eek:

Nuyoika

Destroyer of Baked Goods
Reaction Score

YOU'RE A BILLS FAN! That's awesome. I like you even more now.

Shorty Dee

Number 1 UConn fan
Reaction Score
Not a fan of the Patriot's nor Brady. I am not a hater nor am I envy of them. You should know who my team is, by the color the ink. It's not the Raiders nor Ravens.

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score

Cowherd also once said UConn wins because they always get all the best players, fill their roster and substitute liberally and often.

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
At least you didn't list the Brown and the Jets among your likes.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
He's absolutely right. I'm incredibly envious of UConn and the Patriots' success. As a ND and Bills fan, I am consistently tormented by those two teams. We are now on 16 or 17 years of the Bills getting slapped around by Brady. Won't he age already!
Could be worse, you could be a Vikings fan....

always-a-bridesmaid-never-a-bride.jpg

Reaction Score
I'm jealous of the success of Alabama football. Saban is the master and the school has poured tons of money into the program and the rich just get richer. I really sick of all the Alabama "fans" who live around me in Mississippi who have never stepped foot on the campus lol. It's fine to cheer for winners but some of the most passionate "fans" of these SEC football teams aren't the graduates of a school but rather just like them for a tradition or experience. Mississippi doesn't have a professional franchise in any sport and neither does Alabama so the college programs become the obsession. In UConn and Alabama's cases for winning the coach is the key and the cast of characters changes so it's impossible to deny their success.

The Patriots are a different story because they've been Brady's team for so long even though plenty of others have come and gone. It doesn't help that Brady and Belicheck don't exactly come across as likable. I know I will not be pulling for them in the Super Bowl.

Reaction Score
I don't hate the Pats. Actually love them more now since they gave the Niners Grop for nothing!! The reason I don't like LeBron isn't because he wins. It's because he's too good to act the way he does on the court. All that flopping and complaining!! Warriors don't bother me. KD is my favorite NBA player. I cheer for Michigan because of Jim Harbaugh, but don't care that Alabama wins. My take on everything.............if you don't like it, do something about it!!

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chino323

Top Bottom