Stuff | The Boneyard

Stuff

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Nice win - hated to actually say this was a "must" win but in all reality, it was. They bounced back nice and the energy they played with was fun to watch.

Crowd was good especially the students.

Raf great as usual but a bit hoarse huh? Didn't get a lot of passionate calls as we expect due to this. Great commentator though always fun to have Raf do a game. Nice little tidbit on Dee Rowe as well as pointing out Bobby Boyd next to him.

Refs started out like they were going to let them play then did a backflip, touch foul heaven all of a sudden. Like when there is more consistency to calling the game but there isn't much of that anymore it seems. And explain to me how you get to go to the replay and still believe Giddens was going for the ball? :eek:

Great energy out of the gate on both ends. The defensive flow was great and people were switching and fighting like mad. AB even moved his feet on guy early on and then didn't jump and instead arms straight up and he made the play. Need more of that decision making by him for sure, don't always need to leave his feet with the length and presence. Miller was excellent on the boards and active on each end, much needed start from him.

Rodney was really good, passing and scoring along with solid defense. Worked hard on Lovin down low when Lovin tried to use his size to post. Saw some great work to front him and not allow the pass in to him on the block.

Jalen will be (is) special. When he get a step he's unbelievable, jack rabbit fast to the hole. He is starting to feel that nice 10 foot stop and pop too, a great weapon for a kid with his speed and athleticism. Love his game.

Sterling was good too. Had a couple open looks he missed which I expect won't happen often but overall on both ends nice solid effort - he and Jalen are good for each other.

Not sure why Kentan didn't see more time? Thought he deserves some and he came in got a rebound, made a nice little jump hook. Thought we could have gone small a little more and bring his energy in the game especially early 2nd half.

MVP - Omar. Really happy for him to have a game like that and be a huge part of a win. He didn't force any shots and was patient waiting for guys to reverse the ball to him with open looks. Congrats to Omar and Huskies - nice win.

Howie D and UMass-Lowell next. Gonna be tough for while not having games. But I'm sure I will find something to talk (complain) about ;)

Reaction Score
I agree- good post.

Omar basically put the game away with those daggers. Would've probably won anyway, but he pushed a 8-12 point lead to a 16-20 lead and I think we all know now how hard it is to successfully come back from 20.

I was also thinking the same thing about Facey. He was in when I turned the game on and he looked pretty solid. I think he should be getting some of Brimah's minutes. I wouldn't mind seeing him in there with Miller.

RichZ

Fort the ead!
Reaction Score
I was going to post my game thoughts, but you pretty much covered what I would have said. I wasn't quite as satisfied with Gibbs game today as you were. Too loose with the ball on ill-advised drives, and I swear, he tried to go under every screen, and his man ended up getting a wide open shot.

Tough to choose between Rodney and Omar for POG, but I'll go with 27 points, 9 boards, 7 assists and 2 steals out of the off guard position on the day -- on 66% shooting and 75% from 3 no less -- and not worry about which one was POG.

Reaction Score
They called Giddens for the flagrant 1. That was excessive but certainly not too the point of a 2. Think they got it right on that call.

Reaction Score
Rodney did a great job rebounding today. It was great see multiple players wanting to get boards. Georgetown will be a real barometer for this team.

Reaction Score
Great post. I have been looking for Omar to have a game like this for the last 2 years.

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
Omar was unconscious in the first half. Probably his best game in over a year. Was happy to see the rotation shrunk today - I think the best players played.

Jalen Adams is showing a bit more confidence. That's good to see.

Whatever they did to get ready to play in the first half, I hope it continues going forward. There wasn't a single second, not even at 2-0, that UConn felt threatened in this game. Dominant from opening tip to the final whistle.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
80 minutes to divide up between Gibbs, Purvis and Adams.

80 minutes to divide up between Brimah, Miller and Facey.

40 minutes to divide up between Hamilton and Calhoun.

A few minutes sliding around, but unless there is foul trouble or injury, that's the rotation.

You can play some Hamilton at the four or leave all three of Adams, Gibbs and Purvis in for a bit. But now you're rearranging minutes within the same group of players.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
80 minutes to divide up between Gibbs, Purvis and Adams.

80 minutes to divide up between Brimah, Miller and Facey.

40 minutes to divide up between Hamilton and Calhoun.

A few minutes sliding around, but unless there is foul trouble or injury, that's the rotation.

You can play some Hamilton at the four or leave all three of Adams, Gibbs and Purvis in for a bit. But now you're rearranging minutes within the same group of players.

Pretty Easy:

Guards: 25/25/25 (w some shift given performance)
Hamilton: 35
Omar: 10-15
Brimah: 25-30 (wont get more because fouls)
Miller: 30
Facey: 20

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member