Stuff you didn’t know you needed | Page 8 | The Boneyard

Stuff you didn’t know you needed

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Since Friday’s game is off, thought I’d see who else has made recent purchases that exceeded expectations or filled an unknown need. In part inspired by my neighbors who used the electric leaf blower I gave them constantly this fall. A used Toro leaf blower that is $75 new. Why the hell didn’t they buy one years ago? Also think this ties in to the Bonfire fire pit discussion.

1. Battery Keeper. Saw the always lovely Lisa Robertson on Local Steals pitching the battery buddy or whatever. Didn’t buy that but the idea was planted, so I bought a soft sided briefcase version on Amazon. Rounded up all our household batteries in drawers, ziplocks, open packaging etc. and stored them all. Including the little disc ones I always lose and rebuy. For $20 it has been great. Asked myself why I didn’t do that years ago.

2. Tiger Tail. This is a hand held massage roller device that competes with The Stick and the usual Chinese knockoffs on Amazon. Suffering from various pains of aging and finding foam rolling difficult and annoying this thing has been great. Really seems to help. It’s made in the USA so worth it to me over the knockoffs. Build quality is excellent. I’m understand the Stick is better for a more gentle usage for runners and is more flexible.

3. Concept 2 Rower. This thing is awesome. Only negative is it takes up space. I’ve used them at the gym, mostly as a warmup, since the early 2000s. Build quality is amazing and the full body workout is just light years beyond what I can get on a treadmill of my old stationary bike (gifted to the same folks who got the leaf blower). I was surprised by just how much it can take out of my legs if I push it (yes the Tiger Tail was partially in response to that). There is a big community of people using these so lots of good information and it’s easy to see just how bad you are compared to others.

Two of the above can be ordered via the Amazon link at the top of the page to help support the Boneyard.

Last edited:

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score
Last edited:

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score
Copper grill sheets.

Never heard of them until friends brought one on vacation to make some buttery shrimp dish on the grill a few years ago.

Great for stuff you don’t want to flash and for small stuff like shrimp or asparagus that might fall through.

Remembered them because I used one tonight for some grilled shrimp, while grilling asparagus on a grate on the other half of the grill.

I’ve used two so far; used the first one at least a half dozen times before tossing it and I’m probably on that many uses for the second and it looks like it will probably go a few more.

Still get plenty of charring and grill marks if desired. Just more even cooking and a flatter, solid surface.

While I'm here...

Never saw this. I've been using these for a couple of years now. You don't get quite the same char but, yeah, (1) nothing falls through, (2) it's less sticky, and, most importantly, (3) everything cooks in its own juices. I love 'em.

I use them way more than I should before tossing them. I'll just scrape them and flip them over.

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
UPDATE: Went to a showroom today to look at plumbing stuff for our reno. My better half gave the go-ahead for the Toto Neorest. (Not the $17,000 one.) I cannot wait to s*** on it.

She can have basically everything else in the house but I'm getting my Japanese freaking toilet!
Best money you will ever spend

Curiouser
Reaction Score
While I'm here...

Never saw this. I've been using these for a couple of years now. You don't get quite the same char but, yeah, (1) nothing falls through, (2) it's less sticky, and, most importantly, (3) everything cooks in its own juices. I love 'em.

I use them way more than I should before tossing them. I'll just scrape them and flip them over.
A few weeks ago I cooked some sea scallops from I bought from No. 1 in Hamden on one that I’d probably used at least a dozen times already. We all agreed they were the best scallops we ever had that were not served at a restaurant. I was amazed at how much of their own juices they actually had.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom