Student Ticket Question | The Boneyard

Student Ticket Question

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
im a college student up in Boston but ill be back in CT over winter break...i can get student tickets through the facebook group and i can borrow a friend's id (i dont necessarily look like him though).

are they strict with ids? i know they arent really at football games but im not sure about basketball. is it something where you just flash them your id or do they look at it more closely? i just wanna make sure theres a good chance ill be able to get in before i buy tickets. any insight would be appreciated, thanks.

Reaction Score
From my experience, it's all about the person who checks your ID. Some, especially at Gampel games, take the time to look at the ID and then back up at your face for a couple of seconds. Whereas others are only concerned with whether or not you have an ID. I would imagine they would be a little less strict with winter break games though.

Also, at Gampel they always check my ticket to make sure it's a student ticket when I am about to enter the student section. But at XL I have never seen anyone checking tickets at the entrances to the student section.

Reaction Score
If you're planning on going to XL games over break, I would just get the cheapest regular admission tickets you can find (should be pretty cheap for these games) and not risk getting the ID taken..then when you get in the building, sit in the student section and you should be able to get a pretty good seat. However, I had friends use different IDs last year without much trouble there so that's not a bad backup plan. Once you're inside, no one checks the student section at XL, but at Gampel it is very strict.

Reaction Score
At XL at least it's so easy. In years past I'll buy up as many tickets as possible for over break from people who aren't gunna go so I can bring many friends from home. All I do is, me and other friends that actually attend UConn will photocopy our ids, then cut them out, then give them to our friends to put behind that clear plastic area in their wallets, and they flash it quickly at the door. We always make sure to not all go in right in a row, but I still don't think it would really matter, as we've never had anything close to a problem despite only having paper photocopied ids.

Reaction Score
thanks for the info guys...ill see if i can find a general admission for super cheap if not ill just get a student ticket and take the small risk. the two games are at XL btw (St johns and WVU)

i like my chances if i look like a student, dress like a student, walk in with students, and have an ID lol

Reaction Score
should not be an issue at XL, gampel attempted to keep me out the student section with my own uconn id my senior year. Pretty rediculous.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom