Student Section | The Boneyard

Student Section

Status
Not open for further replies.

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
Many a times has this been discussed...

Not at XL though. Gampel it would work but high dollar season ticket holders wouldn't be happy.

Reaction Score
With the paltry TV money UConn is getting from being in the AAC I doubt this type of thing happens until they're in a better conference. Right now the big donors who get those better seats are more important than ever.

Reaction Score
Many a times has this been discussed...

Not at XL though. Gampel it would work but high dollar season ticket holders wouldn't be happy.

We should do this 100%. behind the benches. If the season ticket holders are unhappy, they can bid on the now pricier tickets on the other side of the floor.

Reaction Score
Anyone know how the student section will work this year at the XL center? The bar/ fan zone is going to take away several lower level student seats. Wonder if they move the section to the other side of the arena.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
With the paltry TV money UConn is getting from being in the AAC I doubt this type of thing happens until they're in a better conference. Right now the big donors who get those better seats are more important than ever.
You would certainly lose some of those "what's in if for me" donors, but I wonder what percentage they are. I would have to think that there are just as many, if not more, major hitters who care about the big picture. It would be interesting to determine this.

Even if you are correct on the economic impact, it would be negated somewhat by having a more passionate fan base present at the arena to generate excitement for the team improving odds of victories and increasing the chance of landing recruits. Nothing like going to a school where morticians are sitting near you. Although kids are into the walking dead thing these days.......

CL82

2023 NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions
Reaction Score
"With a premium being placed on lower level seating around the country due to rising costs across college athletics, it's easy to forget about what makes our game-day experience so unique -- the students,” Bruins athletic director Dan Guerrero saids.

I'd like to think that there is a compromise that gives students better seating than just under the baskets and still accommodates the suits.

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
Anyone know how the student section will work this year at the XL center? The bar/ fan zone is going to take away several lower level student seats. Wonder if they move the section to the other side of the arena.
XL rarely has its student section filled anyways. Unless its a top 25 game, the student section is never 100%.

I think Syracuse was the last time it was packed...could be wrong.

Reaction Score
XL rarely has its student section filled anyways. Unless its a top 25 game, the student section is never 100%.

I think Syracuse was the last time it was packed...could be wrong.

I don't see how they could have a fan zone in the middle of a student section is all I'm saying really. Would move about 5-10 rows of students to the upper deck. They fill the lower bowl for decent games.

MASSconn

Pretentious CR Critic
Reaction Score
XL is always half-$ed let's be serious here

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads