Student Section Needs to Step Up | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Student Section Needs to Step Up

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
the life aquatic with steve zissou whale GIF by The Good Films

Don’t take the bait.

RedStickHusky

formerly SeoulHuskyFan
Reaction Score
Very disappointing. School should have picked up the tab considering the enormous amount of $$ the school is receiving for getting this far.
That money had to go elsewhere...

polycom

I heard a beep, who just joined?
Reaction Score
If adults can't afford to go to Houston how are students suppose to afford it?

August_West

Conscience do cost
Reaction Score
If adults can't afford to go to Houston how are students suppose to afford it?
The students that pack 5 in a car with a few cases of cheep beer and a change of underwear and make an adventure out of it to find a 59 dollar red roof after a game 52 miles from venue, are there. If you need 1st class tickets on Delta and a 5 star hotel not so much . School never funded that for me. Why them? Same for adults. You either have to be there or don’t. I’m not tonight. That’s fine. And a choice.

Reaction Score
UConn may be favored on paper, but America loves an underdog. Perversely, we are the underdog.

Reaction Score
Been in Houston all weekend, UConn had the smallest student section attendance of the four schools…a little unacceptable when you consider We Are UConn. Miami had every seat filled! Let’s do better tonight.
Warm ups only

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
Thinking that the school should pay is questionable at the least. But I do think they could have made an arrangement that if a student is there - give them a ticket free or at a steep discount and food vouchers to some fast food outlets. There has to be some alumni in the senior management of those companies.
I'm in my 60's and when I was a student we would either pitch in to make sure we had gas, beer among other things. We'd find a place to sleep or sleep in a car.
Kids these day would never do that. Can't keep their noses out of the phones for 3 minutes. Relieving ones self in the woods by the side of the road? No Problem back then

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NAN24

Top Bottom