Student Section Needs to Step Up | The Boneyard

Student Section Needs to Step Up

Reaction Score
Been in Houston all weekend, UConn had the smallest student section attendance of the four schools…a little unacceptable when you consider We Are UConn. Miami had every seat filled! Let’s do better tonight.

Reaction Score
I would guess there will be a very large increase in attendance from UConn fans compared to the last game given how much of a favorite the team is to win it. Spending 3 nights in Houston is a lot more difficult for people to pull off than just 1 night.

Reaction Score
I remember it was a big deal in past championships where people criticized the administration for not helping to facilitate coach busses, hotels etc. to get more students to the Final Four. Maybe that's the reason for poor student showing? Gampel was sure packed with students. It seemed like 90% were students.

Marat

The Champ Is Here.
Reaction Score
Chatter here is the students can't afford it. Hopefully they fly some in for tonight. I know I couldn't afford it back in the day!
Yeah I read many reached out to Marc DAmelio for help last week...... too expensive to fly.

Reaction Score
Talking to a student from San Diego they were sent by the school for free!
Don't think we did that.

Go Huskies bring home #5!!!

Reaction Score
Talking to a student from San Diego they were sent by the school for free!
Don't think we did that.

Go Huskies bring home #5!!!
I know in 2011 at least that was an issue as well, all the other schools did stuff to help the kids get there for cheap and UConn didn’t.

I feel like 2014 we did a better job but I could be remembering wrong

Reaction Score
Boneyard sent 4 to the Fiesta Bowl all expenses paid. Just sayin’

Reaction Score
Yeah I read many reached out to Marc DAmelio for help last week...... too expensive to fly.
Expensive and all the flights out of Bradley were a full day of traveling, over 20 hours with all the layovers. My friends got the one flight out of Newark at like 4 in the morning.

Reaction Score
Chatter here is the students can't afford it. Hopefully they fly some in for tonight. I know I couldn't afford it back in the day!
School should have covered cost of tickets….kids are too soft now to drive for a road trip?

BlueandOG

We are not amused.
Reaction Score
Been in Houston all weekend, UConn had the smallest student section attendance of the four schools…a little unacceptable when you consider We Are UConn. Miami had every seat filled! Let’s do better tonight.
Shut up Chip or I’ll go ape on your ass!

August_West

Conscience do cost
Reaction Score
Really. I drove 1000 miles each way and I’m in my sixties. Students can drive or take a bus.
I hitchhiked to Tate George shot from the Canadian border during Grateful Dead tour ( and I was dumb for ever leaving Hartford those were the shows in between first round ncaa in Hartford and the dead there 2 nights starting next day best week of life but a longer story) , i just got in my ride with tour mates as usual realized my mistake and hopped out before the border crossing)

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
I have to question if ripping on college students 6 hours before tipoff is good for the Mojo.

What do you say we don a pair of three-week-old underwear and burn some sage for cleansing purposes.

Reaction Score
Very disappointing. School should have picked up the tab considering the enormous amount of $$ the school is receiving for getting this far.

Reaction Score
We did the road trip back in '91 via bus to Michigan. I've never wanted to take a bus ride since, but it was worth it at the time, especially since we got to see Sellers dribble Laettner's head.

Reaction Score
I have to question if ripping on college students 6 hours before tipoff is good for the Mojo.

What do you say we don a pair of three-week-old underwear and burn some sage for cleansing purposes.
I agree but that reaction is part of my mojo.I can’t change now.

Reaction Score
We did the road trip back in '91 via bus to Michigan. I've never wanted to take a bus ride since, but it was worth it at the time, especially since we got to see Sellers dribble Laettner's head.
I was there after driving after evening class in West Hartford. Through the icy roads near Utica and all. Sellers dribble was best part of game.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NAN24

Top Bottom