Student Seating at the Rent | The Boneyard

Student Seating at the Rent

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
What's the allocation on student seating? I know student season tickets are usually sold out during the summer. Why not expand the student section?

I see this as a option to keep the stadium full and loud. Thoughts?

Reaction Score
What's the allocation on student seating? I know student season tickets are usually sold out during the summer. Why not expand the student section?

I see this as a option to keep the stadium full and loud. Thoughts?
I think it had been expanded recently. Hopefully it will again soon.

Reaction Score
Why not just give the students that entire end zone (both levels) and move those upper deck pkgs to another section (I don't know about now but they used to give recent grads a chance to buy season tkts in the upper deck for pretty good deal).

Reaction Score
FDNY99 said:
Why not just give the students that entire end zone (both levels) and move those upper deck pkgs to another section (I don't know about now but they used to give recent grads a chance to buy season tkts in the upper deck for pretty good deal).

They still did as of last year. Called "Young alumni". If you graduated in last 5 years, you qualify. They sold out both those and the student section last year. I've had "student" tickets in the past and not sat in the student section (as I'm almost 40), so I think options are still available, even if you aren't in the student section, per se.

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
I would LOVE to get more students at the games. But I would also LOVE to get students to their seats at kickoff and stay until the final minute of the game too.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
Give them more seats but make sure that the last bus arrives well before kickoff and make sure that the first bus doesn't leave until 20 minutes after game.

Treat them like hostages for the duration of the game.

Reaction Score
Been way too many times where the whole stadium EXCEPT the student section has been full in recent years to consider giving them more seats. As some people have said giving them a whole endzone would be the way to expand. I've spent some time in the "Young Alumni" section and it is a s h ii t show up there. I think they used to be in corner next to the students on the other side of the band? Why not put them back there and give the students a whole endzone?

In a few years if they show they can fill it.

Reaction Score
Give them more seats but make sure that the last bus arrives well before kickoff and make sure that the first bus doesn't leave until 20 minutes after game.

Treat them like hostages for the duration of the game.
I love this idea if it weren't a huge deterrent to going to the game at all. Need to make games not feel like punishment or a chore.

Reaction Score
It will be interesting to watch how Diaco connects with the students. I think we are going to see the students buy into him in a way that they never did for Edsall and Pasqualoni.

Reaction Score
I'm in favor of giving the students/young alumni the whole end zone - this means expanding the student section to, I don't know, probably another 2-4 sections. If we want to go in the B1G or ACC, we need to expand our stadium from 40,000 to 50,000 - if we can get the seats filled and our football performs more than average, they will come. Stadium expansion will take many years from now - why not start now by expanding the student and alumni section.

The last few years we averaged a little more than 35,000. That is a couple of thousands of seats available. Give 500-1000 extra seats to the students/alumni. We all know that finance/economics have influence on this matter - its something we have to deal with.

I agree with FDNY99. We had over 500 strong show up at the Dog House Party - what's next for Coach Diaco and the students? Students are able to connect with him because he's young and full of enthusisasm.

Reaction Score
the undergrad student population is also going to expand from about 17,500 students to about 24,000. It makes sense to give the students more tickets.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RipBenEmek

Top Bottom