Student Appreciation Practice - Tuesday, March 3. | The Boneyard

Student Appreciation Practice - Tuesday, March 3.

Reaction Score

>> UConn students are invited to attend the football team's practice on Tuesday, March 3. Enter through the main entrance of the Burton Family Football Complex anytime between 8:15-10 a.m. as practice runs from 8:30-10:50 a.m. Coffee and donuts will be provided, courtesy of Dunkin', while supplies last. The first 200 students will receive a free UConn beanie!<<

mikedog10

Tailgating Enthusiast
Reaction Score
The first 200 students will receive a free UConn beanie!<<
jtYE61c.gif

Reaction Score
Why can’t Randy just have practice in March/April like everyone else and the school host a proper Spring Game? It seems like another missed opportunity to connect with fans.

Reaction Score
Why can’t Randy just have practice in March/April like everyone else and the school host a proper Spring Game? It seems like another missed opportunity to connect with fans.
Randy doesn’t want to give the opposition any free looks...because ,you know, everybody is looking for the edge against us. Or, it could be he’s just being contrarian and difficult like Randy is.

Reaction Score
This is a good idea IMO, getting the kids on campus more involved with the team... Grow the legacy on campus.. We old folks matter, but the future is with the youthful ones... Let them get a taste of what this team is capable of first hand before we get to see it... We need all the support we can muster up to get this thing rolling again. Can't hurt.. Gotta at least give this a shot...

Reaction Score
I don't want to detract from the OP or be one to change the direction of the thread. That's on you now. ;)
I ask Medic for forgiveness as I can give you a few reasons.
Mostly it is a numbers game overall ($$$$). UConn has to pay to use The Dog House and for a pretty much useless practice that brings in no revenue what is the return? Attendance has always been very light to say the least at spring games but the crowds at some of our real games the last few years have not been much better.

Just how many do you think would attend? This is not an attack just reasoning. Again back to numbers, how deep is the team right now to actually put together a practice game that would look like competition?
The old spring game date was always conflicting with a half dozen other spring activities. Opening day of fishing season and spring ball for the kids starting up for a couple.

I asked Randy the question at the signing event and he gave me a good explanation of the new recruiting windows and schedule. What he said made sense for our present situation. This also gives the team and the staff a few more days of practice as the spring game counts as one. A day or two for prep and the game itself takes time away from what they are trying to get done.
Personally I have attended these but my crew not so much, I get the reply "see you at the first game." I'll miss it but actually had a better time at the event they had at the Shenkman Training Center last year. That was one of the perks for buying season tickets early, hoping they throw us dogs that bone again this year!

Reaction Score
I don't want to detract from the OP or be one to change the direction of the thread. That's on you now. ;)
I ask Medic for forgiveness as I can give you a few reasons.
Mostly it is a numbers game overall ($$$$). UConn has to pay to use The Dog House and for a pretty much useless practice that brings in no revenue what is the return? Attendance has always been very light to say the least at spring games but the crowds at some of our real games the last few years have not been much better.

Just how many do you think would attend? This is not an attack just reasoning. Again back to numbers, how deep is the team right now to actually put together a practice game that would look like competition?
The old spring game date was always conflicting with a half dozen other spring activities. Opening day of fishing season and spring ball for the kids starting up for a couple.

I asked Randy the question at the signing event and he gave me a good explanation of the new recruiting windows and schedule. What he said made sense for our present situation. This also gives the team and the staff a few more days of practice as the spring game counts as one. A day or two for prep and the game itself takes time away from what they are trying to get done.
Personally I have attended these but my crew not so much, I get the reply "see you at the first game." I'll miss it but actually had a better time at the event they had at the Shenkman Training Center last year. That was one of the perks for buying season tickets early, hoping they throw us dogs that bone again this year!
I think that was fanfest which was held in April last year.. that was a fun event.

Reaction Score
Very few people are interested in the Spring Game. If the weather is beautiful you might get 500 to 1000 people tailgating with a few stopping in to watch a few minutes of football.

Reaction Score
What a waste. Looks like 5 people showed up.
Students aren't skipping morning classes to watch practice. But where is the waste here? They didn't spend a ton of money to promote the event. It's not like the spring game where there are multiple costs involved. As fans, we can't criticize every effort the athletic department makes to engage students. They will show up when we start winning.

uconnbill

A Half full kind of guy
Reaction Score
dammit if I wasn't looking mid 40's I would have showed up unless they checked ID's lol

I am mid 50's but my wife thinks I look younger. I'll take it

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom