Structural dammage.... | The Boneyard

Structural dammage....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Here's my big concern. I think these guys have damaged the foundation of the program.

First, the OL is like nothing I have ever seen before in football. It's certainly a lot to do with scheme that these kids can't execute or understand. But, I think I see guys who aren't as strong or aggressive as their predecessors. I'm not at all sure that this coaching staff is as dedicated to strength and conditioning as has been the case in the past. Remember, as bad as this OL is, it is senior laden and the younger guys can't pass this group.

It has been the general consensus that this staff has improved recruiting. I have no confidence in that. For one, we have glaring and obvious needs and younger guys don't appear to be pressing for playing time. We do not have good RBs. We need help at LB. That's right LB. Take a look at the play of Donohue if you think I'm wrong. Nobody can supplant him? Also, this staff appears to have recruited a lot of kids who looked good on the recruiting sites, but either couldn't get here or stay here - Sylva, Bryan, Joe Williams, etc.

At one point this program had the following athletes in the program at the same time at RB: Brown, Dixon, Todman, Frey, McClain. Anyone see anything like those guys now?

Reaction Score
To your first point, the physical beatdowns that we have been taking in regards to O-line play vs the defense against Towson and Buffalo are shocking. We just don't have it. Those players were better. How does recruiting fall off that bad that we can't have better players on the field than those programs.
At running back it's just as bad. I don't know what happened to Max yesterday but he didn't get many carries in he second half. He brings energy but Oliver was better and their best runner didn't play yesterday.
I don't know how Vann isn't getting reps at LB. Whitmer should never start again, period. The results speak for themselves..Lamelle is a record setting receiver but we have him returning punts only. No time at receiver. WTF?

Reaction Score
coach p plays guys with experience first, hence the kids/freshman are on the bench unless people get hurt.

Reaction Score
The line is confused. Bennett said it after the game. He said every play it's a different guy making a mistake. Not the same guy, but every play someone gets it wrong. They're not working as a unit - I have no inside knowledge - but what you're seeing is not, not, not, a lack of strength or conditioning. You're seeing confusion. A confused line causes complete systemic break down. You can't run, so you have to pass. You can't run, the defense doesn't have to scheme the run as much. They scheme for the pass. Interceptions mount. Fumbles occur. The team gets behind, the defense has to stay on the field too long. The team starts to get discouraged, disheartened. They quit.

Reaction Score
The line is confused. Bennett said it after the game. He said every play it's a different guy making a mistake. Not the same guy, but every play someone gets it wrong. They're not working as a unit - I have no inside knowledge - but what you're seeing is not, not, not, a lack of strength or conditioning. You're seeing confusion. A confused line causes complete systemic break down. You can't run, so you have to pass. You can't run, the defense doesn't have to scheme the run as much. They scheme for the pass. Interceptions mount. Fumbles occur. The team gets behind, the defense has to stay on the field too long. The team starts to get discouraged, disheartened. They quit.

The OL has become such a disaster that I don't think we even know how good or bad anyone else on the team is. The OL can't get it done and it's caused the team to quit on the coaches and on themselves.

Reaction Score

Anyone who's ever played the position knows what they've been seeing and it is all that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom