Strong to UConn [merged thread] | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Strong to UConn [merged thread]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score

UConn women's basketball lands nation's No. 1-ranked recruit Sarah Strong​

Good high school basketball players come to play for UConn women’s basketball every year to become legendary college and professional players. Eighteen-year-old kids with dreams of playing the sport at the highest stage often leave Storrs as household names.
0012000001fxZm9AAE

Strong announced her commitment to the Huskies through ESPN during the 2024 Chipotle Nationals Championship Game -- about 12 hours after UConn fell to Iowa in the Final Four.
"I want to definitely get better and just grow as a person off the court and I really want to be coached by him (Geno Auriemma)," Strong said as she unzipped her jacket to reveal a UConn shirt, confirming her decision.

Reaction Score
WHAT THE H-LL, I turned on ESPN like the BY notice said, 4/6 11:00am on ESPN and all I got was a HS BB game!
Where was it shown?
Does anyone have it to put on here?
God that pi--es me off!

Reaction Score
Wait, hoping or it happened? I thought it was at 11 am

WHAT THE H-LL, I turned on ESPN like the BY notice said, 4/6 11:00am on ESPN and all I got was a HS BB game!
Where was it shown?
God that pi--es me off!
That was an estimation. They said it would be at half time of the game between Montverde and IMG. They played at a lighting pace and the and the first half only took 40 minutes.

PacoSwede

Creeker in fact
Reaction Score
Where was it shown?
God that pi--es me off!
it was done DURING that game. about 20 min earlier then promo-ed. i don't blame u for being p.o.'d

Reaction Score
The argument has been made that in order to be considered a GOAT, a player needs an NC on her resume. Paige is a case in point. Personally, I don't believe that Buckets needs an NC, but the addition of Sarah Strong to next year's lineup may go a long way to achieving that goal. I think that Paige DESERVES an NC for her unique greatness, her gritty contributions, her support of her teammates on and off the court. Enter Ms. Strong. We'll still be very young next season, and our newbies will have to state their case. Our guards are plentiful and good. If Ice can grow into consistency and one of the other bigs can provide backup, Strong may be the difference maker. Let's hope.
Geno made some comment that she may not have been 100% yet, as did person who plays in the pros (can’t think of name). Let her get back up to 100%, throw in Azzi and Sarah and Alli Z and Jana and Aubrey and Ice and KK and Caroline and Q and Morgan and Ash (who else?)- a very potent scoring team!

Reaction Score
That was an estimation. They said it would be at half time of the game between Montverde and IMG. They played at a lighting pace and the and the first half only took 40 minutes.
faninwisc- - - THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!!
I recorded the Montverde vs IMG game so I'll go back and watch there!
Wonderful news!
THANKS AGAIN!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member