Stripe Out! I'll be Wearing Blue Monday Night--What About You? | The Boneyard

Stripe Out! I'll be Wearing Blue Monday Night--What About You?

Reaction Score
Check you seat location.

UConn Women's Hoops‏Verified account @UConnWBB 9h9 hours ago

#UConnNation we need YOUR help to pull off the Stripe Out next Monday night! Look below to see what color you need to wear. More info: http://uconnhuski.es/2GWf5gF

DViE_UPVQAAH2Rm.jpg

LasVegasYank

Never pay retail for anything.
Reaction Score
<<I’ll be wearing white, back at home in upstate NY, which will serve as camouflage if I step outside in front of the 2+ feet of snow around my house. >>

Forecast is for a sunny day, high of around 78. Cargo shorts and a short sleeve shirt for me. Don't want to overheat going out to pick up the mail and newspaper. :D

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
<<I’ll be wearing white, back at home in upstate NY, which will serve as camouflage if I step outside in front of the 2+ feet of snow around my house. >>

Forecast is for a sunny day, high of around 78. Cargo shorts and a short sleeve shirt for me. Don't want to overheat going out to pick up the mail and newspaper. :D
:(
Talk to me in July, when it’s 100 degrees in the shade.

LasVegasYank

Reaction Score
<<Talk to me in July, when it’s 100 degrees in the shade. >>

It'll be 74 indoors and I'll be in the pool anyways. :p

OK, so I had to blow $2,400 cleaning up hurricane damage in the preserve behind my house, about what you spend every year having your driveway plowed out. :)

As always, I hope the good outweighs the bad for both of us.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
<<Talk to me in July, when it’s 100 degrees in the shade. >>

It'll be 74 indoors and I'll be in the pool anyways. :p

OK, so I had to blow $2,400 cleaning up hurricane damage in the preserve behind my house, about what you spend every year having your driveway plowed out. :)

As always, I hope the good outweighs the bad for both of us.
You have to learn to deal with the snow when you live up here. I have a 32” Ariens dual-stage snow blower for the driveway. Today, my wife and I will go snow shoeing in a nearby park.

But when summer rolls around, we spend a lot of time at our cabin on Indian Lake in the Adirondacks. Usually, after a day of hiking, boating or fishing, we open a bottle of wine, sit on the deck and watch the sun set over the mountains.

LasVegasYank

Reaction Score
<<You have to learn to deal with the snow when you live up here. I have a 28” Ariens dual-stage snow blower for the driveway. Today, my wife and I will go snow shoeing in a nearby park.

But when summer rolls around, we spend a lot of time at our cabin on Indian Lake in the Adirondacks. Usually, after a day of hiking, boating or fishing, we open a bottle of wine, sit on the deck and watch the sun set over the mountains.>>

Sounds idyllic. We used to visit campgrounds around Lake George with our RV.

Had a 115' driveway, a 40X50 turnaround with a side-entry 3-car garage when we lived in Somers, CT. My Wheel Horse with a 48" snow blower took care of any snowfall and gave me an excuse for a hot toddy afterwards and a nice sit down in front of the fireplace. Memories.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score

Newspaper?? :confused:

Phil

Stats Geek
Reaction Score
I've got a courtside seat, so I guess I'll wear my striped shirt

Last edited:

LasVegasYank

Reaction Score
<<Newspaper?? :confused: >>

Yeah, I'm old. Morning coffee and the paper is a habit I'm not likely to break. Nothing like it for local news although I'm not tied to the region....still an old Connecticut yankee at heart.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
You have to learn to deal with the snow when you live up here. I have a 32” Ariens dual-stage snow blower for the driveway. Today, my wife and I will go snow shoeing in a nearby park.

But when summer rolls around, we spend a lot of time at our cabin on Indian Lake in the Adirondacks. Usually, after a day of hiking, boating or fishing, we open a bottle of wine, sit on the deck and watch the sun set over the mountains.
The Adirondacks are under appreciated by all who don't know them. The mosquitoes are some kind of ravenous, deet resistant, mutant strain, but other than that, it gorgeous.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
The Adirondacks are under appreciated by all who don't know them. The mosquitoes are some kind of ravenous, deet resistant, mutant strain, but other than that, it gorgeous.
The mosquitoes are generally manageable. But in May, the black flies are relentless.

DefenseBB

Snark is always appreciated!
Reaction Score
I've got a courtside seat, so I guess I'll wear my striped shirt
Ok, for clarity-UConn does not want people wearing STRIPED shirts. They want people to wear either ALL WHITE or ALL BLUE like the color of the section you are sitting in...Aye vay...;)

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom